Dish is getting Fox Sports Go

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was on the Fox Sports Go site, and when you go to the page that says "My Provider is not Listed" and choose "Dish", you get a message saying it will be added soon! Looks like the new deal with Fox and the Hopper lawsuit being resolved is more than just that.

Attachments

• FoxSportsGo.jpg
    FoxSportsGo.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 765
does that mean that a deal between fox and dish has been done or are we wating on a press release to find out all the details?

For god's sake Allen calm down. We already knew that things were in the wind. Fox Sports Go is coming, as their website shows. It wouldn't be there if there was no agreement.

I presume there are tiers of access in Fox Sports Go... ie you can't get FS+ programming if you only get FS1 or FS2.

ETA: Checked it out, looks like it is just a live broadcast of the channel, so it isn't like ESPN3 where additional content is available. A bit worthless to me, hope more useful to others.

I was on the Fox Sports Go site, and when you go to the page that says "My Provider is not Listed" and choose "Dish", you get a message saying it will be added soon! Looks like the new deal with Fox and the Hopper lawsuit being resolved is more than just that.

How about Fox News Go?

I presume there are tiers of access in Fox Sports Go... ie you can't get FS+ programming if you only get FS1 or FS2.

ETA: Checked it out, looks like it is just a live broadcast of the channel, so it isn't like ESPN3 where additional content is available. A bit worthless to me, hope more useful to others.

The way the FX Now app is done is if you have FX but don't have FXX in your tier you are locked out of the FXX section of the FX now application. The FX Now application covers all three FX branded channels, FX, FXX, and FX Movies.

Would have been nice if this worked for the 500 last Sunday. I was stuck at work and tried to put it on my second monitor to keep up with the action while working, but couldn't authorize with my DISH subscription.

Would have been nice if this worked for the 500 last Sunday. I was stuck at work and tried to put it on my second monitor to keep up with the action while working, but couldn't authorize with my DISH subscription.
You didn't miss much. Just a bunch of loose cars having trouble staying on the track. On the other hand, at least Matt Kenseth didn't completely bonk and take out 4th through 10th while trying to block a pass in the last lap.

Yeah, I actually pulled up the final 8 laps on my phone but it still would have been nice to put it on my 32" 2nd monitor on my desk ;)

Finally can watch Thursday night FS1 football at work, but then I guess I could with my Hopper 3 now anyway, if they ever fix the player

I seem to recall WatchESPN access being available on April first a few years back.
Maybe it will be similar to that?
Well, I was wrong about that prediction obviously. :)

According to this link pertaining to Tampa baseball it will occur in the following months(whatever that means):
"What about Dish customers?
Yes, Dish is expected to provide its customers with access to FOX Sports GO in the months following Opening Day."

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/tampa-bay-rays-fox-sports-go-040316

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)