Dish (is not) cutting retailers installation payments again.

Back to topic. I think that if Dish were to quit spending billions of dollars on wireless spectrum that they may never use, then they wouldn't have to worry about slashing labor costs and keeping up with their target revenues and profits. Just my 2 cents.

D'oh !! I can't believe I actually said that.... I feel pretty stupid !! :D I do take pride in my grammar and spelling too.

I also take pride in my Grammar, and my Grandpar too. Spelling though not so much. :D

My achilles heel is typing "Pole" when I mean "Poll"

The retailer I sub for said Dish has cut their payments again to retailers and he has to pass the loss on to me. I now make 1/2 the money on installs then I was making 9 years ago. Time for me to move on as I no longer can afford to work installing Dish. I loved this job but the time has come to say good-bye to installing Dish/Direct and Dishnet. Going to miss all my customers and the enjoyment of working in this field. Time for a 9 to 5 indoor job.

They are saying Dish Cut retailer payments for installing Hoppers and Joeys. One of the most involved install in my opinion.

I still haven't seen any cuts in payments but I'll keep my eye on it. I also agree that the Hopper install is by far the most involved install and can consume a lot of time.

I believe they are feeding you a bunch of bull......

?Hopper jobs pay better than vip installs, exactly $75 more.

Thats only because they want the sales people push that garbage on to the customers. Its not because the install is more complex

The wiring may not be that much more complex but there are way more complications with getting the system up and running than there is with VIP equipment. There is way more time tied up with Hopper installs than any other equipment.

Knowing Claude, he's probably referring to the Hopper... :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The wiring may not be that much more complex but there are way more complications with getting the system up and running than there is with VIP equipment. There is way more time tied up with Hopper installs than any other equipment.

This is true.. I would rather connect a 722 any day over a Hopper just because of the cable restriction or required dual lines to the node. Far too many times I"ll just find a place a few feet from the dish if needed to do a short double line run and mount the node in case of a single existing line running from the dish to the hopper location then just tap it off to a joey if need be. The other issue here is Perfect Vision cable which works just fine and Dish has gone anal on not allowing it to be used to the hopper yet they can be used to the joey, now how stupid is that??? It is 3Ghz cable and works fine so deal with it Dish!

The mods who figured out that you're being screwed by your boss. There are many installer/owners on this website that see nothing like your boss is telling you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)