Dish is ultra aggressive to keep customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So being out of contract gave you a little more LEVERAGE in your negotiations with DISH Retention department. HHHMMM .... where have I heard that one before? Oh yes, I said the very same thing . That is why I got $65.00 off for a year on my account and $30.00 off my 2nd account for a year for my parents last year. Being out of contract , does that mean you also own your receivers by chance? I own mine on all 3 of my DISH accounts and they have always been very nice in giving me freebies and credits to keep me on .

Reactions: stardust3
That is a sweet deal. The only thing that could make it better would be a free h3 upgrade with no contract.

So being out of contract gave you a little more LEVERAGE in your negotiations with DISH Retention department. HHHMMM .... where have I heard that one before? Oh yes, I said the very same thing . That is why I got $65.00 off for a year on my account and $30.00 off my 2nd account for a year for my parents last year. Being out of contract , does that mean you also own your receivers by chance? I own mine on all 3 of my DISH accounts and they have always been very nice in giving me freebies and credits to keep me on .

I'll agree that not being under contract may give some extra leverage but how does the OP know he wouldn't have gotten the same offer if he didn't try asking while under contract with a couple months left?

There are some variables of course. If he was in the contract of his very first two years I wouldn't expect a big upgrade but if he was under contract from an upgrade and had been a customer for 10 years I bet he could have gotten a similar discount.

If you buy your own equipment, you need to amortize the cost of the equipment over time. When you factor that in, are people really getting "discounts" ? It might take 2-3 years or longer to see the so-called benefit. Customers who get the equipment free from Dish don't have that add'l cost and everyone pays the same fees, whether the equipment is leased or owned.

I'm a customer since 2003 and out of contract since 2005. I own a 722 and lease another 622. Always paid on time. But I just downgraded from AT250 to AT200. I'm curious about how much this would help in an upcoming event to upgrade to the new H3/Joey...

I'm a customer since 2003 and out of contract since 2005. I own a 722 and lease another 622. Always paid on time. But I just downgraded from AT250 to AT200. I'm curious about how much this would help in an upcoming event to upgrade to the new H3/Joey...
Probably won't have any effect.

Retentions has given me the following

$50 credit for 12 months
Free Cinemax for 6 months, Starz for 3 months, HBO for one month
Free NHL center ice

I am out of contract

Did you call or chat?

I don't own the equipment.
That is pretty good that you don't own the receivers and they still gave you $50.00 off for a year. That is aggressive. I read to day on the Alpha website that deals with stocks and such, that they predicted that DISH is expected to lose over 734,000 subs this year as opposed to the 534,000 they lost last year. They also predicted that Sling tv will end up with 2 million subs this year, most of them former DISH sat customers. So that aggressive retention policy might even become stronger this year.

Retentions has given me the following

$50 credit for 12 months
Free Cinemax for 6 months, Starz for 3 months, HBO for one month
Free NHL center ice

I am out of contract

Did you call or chat?
I called to talk to DISH and cancel and from there they sent me to loyalty department or retention department.

$50 off for a year is a good deal? Really? Saving less than $5/month? The value for Center Ice might be $100 for some, but it would be $0 to me. I really don't care about hockey. The free premiums are worth something, but this "aggressive" ploy wouldn't sway me if I couldn't afford what I'm paying.

$50 off for a year is a good deal? Really? Saving less than $5/month? The value for Center Ice might be $100 for some, but it would be $0 to me. I really don't care about hockey. The free premiums are worth something, but this "aggressive" ploy wouldn't sway me if I couldn't afford what I'm paying.
I could be wrong but I assume that is $50 off per month because on post 4 he states "I am mostly shocked at $50 off due to the fact I have Dish America which is essentially free now. I am only paying for DVR and taxes." and Dish America is $49.99/month.

Reactions: old corps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts