Dish is ultra aggressive to keep customers

Anyone can negotiate with the tv provider,internet provider, auto insurance , home insurance , Xm sat radio. I do it with all my companies and get discounts on all of them. You are the customer and without YOU these companies wouldn't exist. Never forget that and negotiate with that in mind.

Anyone can negotiate with the tv provider,internet provider, auto insurance , home insurance , Xm sat radio. I do it with all my companies and get discounts on all of them. You are the customer and without YOU these companies wouldn't exist. Never forget that and negotiate with that in mind.
I have a business & always amazed how some of my best customers never ask for discounts & some of my worst is always asking. My best customers always mention how pleased they are with our products & service & in lieu of discounts we always throw in extras or go the extra mile for them, but if they ask one day for discounts for whatever reason, we're always prepared to work with them. I am about to fire my worst customer this week. Sales wise one of my top customers but always griping about prices & asking for discounts although he's already getting the lowest price possible, problems paying & always asking for extras after agreeing on price & terms of service. Of course always having a bad attitude in general doesn't help either.

I totally support & encourage subscribers here to call Dish for discounts & promos, they will know who's worth encouraging to stay & who's not. Just make sure you get a Retentions rep who's, I assume, better trained to handle such situations. My experience with first tier csr is either their hands are tied or they really don't care.

Reactions: old corps
I have a business & always amazed how some of my best customers never ask for discounts & some of my worst is always asking. My best customers always mention how pleased they are with our products & service & in lieu of discounts we always throw in extras or go the extra mile for them, but if they ask one day for discounts for whatever reason, we're always prepared to work with them. I am about to fire my worst customer this week. Sales wise one of my top customers but always griping about prices & asking for discounts although he's already getting the lowest price possible, problems paying & always asking for extras after agreeing on price & terms of service. Of course always having a bad attitude in general doesn't help either.

I totally support & encourage subscribers here to call Dish for discounts & promos, they will know who's worth encouraging to stay & who's not. Just make sure you get a Retentions rep who's, I assume, better trained to handle such situations. My experience with first tier csr is either their hands are tied or they really don't care.
Both. You want a real way to inspire them... Tell them you are taking the survey...

This is the absolute truth.

If you didn't spend so much on your owned equipment, you wouldn't need so many discounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scherrman
Well its true.
I get essentially $49.50 a month in discounts from leasing under a commitment with my Price lock, and Premium channel discounts, that I didn't have to make one phone call or chat to get.
And I didn't need to spend $500 minimum to get it.
And this is Under a Commitment, Imagine what I'll get when my Commitment is up.
Way more then Mike does I bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you buy your own equipment, you need to amortize the cost of the equipment over time. When you factor that in, are people really getting "discounts" ? It might take 2-3 years or longer to see the so-called benefit. Customers who get the equipment free from Dish don't have that add'l cost and everyone pays the same fees, whether the equipment is leased or owned.
If you didn't spend so much on your owned equipment, you wouldn't need so many discounts.
Pretty much what I was thinking too....

Retentions has given me the following

$50 credit for 12 months
Free Cinemax for 6 months, Starz for 3 months, HBO for one month
Free NHL center ice

I am out of contract
WOW -- the best they would offer me was $15 off for 24 months (or $25/off for 10 months). Oh well, I decided to leave...

Did they call you with that offer or did you call them?

Really? They basically were going to give you a $360 coupon and you thought that was not enough?
Nope, not when adding TV to my Charter internet effectively gave me a lower price!!! That and I read about DISH offering much better deals to a lot of other people. I had been with them for over 7 years, never paid late, perfect credit, and had been out of contact for at least couple years. So yes I expected a lot better! I would really have preferred to stick with DISH but not when they refused to work with me. BTW, I would have taken $30 off for 12 months. Oh well, their loss...

Nope, not when adding TV to my Charter internet effectively gave me a lower price!!! That and I read about DISH offering much better deals to a lot of other people. I had been with them for over 7 years, never paid late, perfect credit, and had been out of contact for at least couple years. So yes I expected a lot better! I would really have preferred to stick with DISH but not when they refused to work with me. BTW, I would have taken $30 off for 12 months. Oh well, their loss...
Would you have had to commit to a 2-year contract? That would make what they offered and what you would have accepted effectively the same dollar amount.

Really? They basically were going to give you a $360 coupon and you thought that was not enough?

Looks like we may have another person we'll be seeing in a few months talking about how big of mistake it was. At least if he decides to come back to Dish he'll be offered all the new customer promotions he's looking for.

Looks like we may have another person we'll be seeing in a few months talking about how big of mistake it was. At least if he decides to come back to Dish he'll be offered all the new customer promotions he's looking for.

Yep, he'll probably be given something like $30 per month for 12 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)