Dish is ultra aggressive to keep customers

Dish could care less to help me. i had an new 722k put in 35 days ago and all I get is signal drop out now and they want to charge me $50.00 to come out and they call that a deal. I have been with Dish forever and never had any issues before this 722k went in. Glad my contract is up March 3rd . Then I can order FIOS :)
Call to Cancel and tell them why , poor service , bad receiver , etc. and I bet you get that tech out post haste and at no cost- in order to keep you. Might even ask for the price lock deal and or credits off your bill for a year. This is the time to call and ask for what you want ,when you have them at the disadvantage.

Got a free Hopper 3 upgrade, free install, NO commitment, and 15 months of a very nice discount. I'm a 20 year customer with Top 250. It might have something to do with the shiny new Google Fiber box hanging on the side of the house. TV from Google is $60 a month for a Top 250 equivalent lineup. I'm paying Dish a bit more than that, but I like my Hopper. Plus Google is still having a few problems here and there. Currently a widespread TV outage here in Kansas City. However, the gigabit internet service rocks!

Got a free Hopper 3 upgrade, free install, NO commitment, and 15 months of a very nice discount. I'm a 20 year customer with Top 250. It might have something to do with the shiny new Google Fiber box hanging on the side of the house. TV from Google is $60 a month for a Top 250 equivalent lineup. I'm paying Dish a bit more than that, but I like my Hopper. Plus Google is still having a few problems here and there. Currently a widespread TV outage here in Kansas City. However, the gigabit internet service rocks!

You should double check the no commitment part. You may be right but it shouldn't be. All upgrades require a 24 month contract.

You should double check the no commitment part. You may be right but it shouldn't be. All upgrades require a 24 month contract.

My installation was today, and the 'Dish'n It Up' upgrade form I signed is preprinted with the 24 month commitment. It's not a big deal to me, but I'm seriously disappointed that Dish reps are still willing to lie directly to your face to save a subscriber.

I see no problem with it if you've been a long time customer that's on auto pay. It's the people who demand a discount as soon as they are out of their first contract that bother me.
I've been with DISH since 1998... never gotten... nor requested... a discount on programming. Every time I consider changing, I look around at the options, and they're all more expensive.

My installation was today, and the 'Dish'n It Up' upgrade form I signed is preprinted with the 24 month commitment. It's not a big deal to me, but I'm seriously disappointed that Dish reps are still willing to lie directly to your face to save a subscriber.
See, I didn't sign something like that on my install. Even the installer was surprised. Now I'm not saying that I am not in a 24 month commitment, I just didn't sign such thing. I just signed the installer work order, but it nowhere said anything about a 24 month deal.
The first time I signed up in 2003, I signed several papers, including the 24 month deal paper.

Yeah, my understanding is that the 24 - month commitment "fine print" is "cast in concrete" - it's on the agreements.

Did anyone digitally "sign" anything on the installer's tablet? Last upgrade I did, I signed at least (2) things, if not (3).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Did anyone digitally "sign" anything on the installer's tablet? Last upgrade I did, I signed at least (2) things, if not (3).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I did too when I upgraded to H3 last week. I think it is for install work, old equipment return and 24 month agreement. I got a copy in my email soon after I signed.

So I read that Service Agreement I signed again and I don't see anywhere where it says anything about a 24 month commitment. It has a bunch of stuff written in fine print, but no word about that. It mostly is about what I got installed, who installed it and such.

My faith has been restored. In spite of signing the agreement, DIRT tells me that Dish's system says I do NOT have an agreement.

Sorry for casting aspersions.

I have a question - I thought those of you with more Dish experience may know how best to tackle.

We have (all installed just over 3 years ago):

Hopper (not working correctly since Friday)
Hopper w/Sling
Joey
Joey

With the recent $5 increase for AT200, our bill is now $135 (AT200 - $80, DVR Service - $12, Hopper - $12, Joey 1 - $7, Joey 2 - $7, Protection Plan - $8, taxes...I guess the other Hopper is included at no charge?). In 6 weeks or so, the 6 months required to carry the protection plan will be up, and we'll be able to save $8. That puts it at $127. I'd like to call retentions and try to get a discount. I'd rather not cancel. But I am willing to threaten to cancel (and cancel if I have to), as we're pretty happy with Netflix + Hulu + Amazon Prime. We've been customers for just over 18 years. We don't autopay. We pay all bills on time. We've been out of contract for just over a year. We have Dish hooked up to 4 TV's, but we could cut one of them if we had to (and save $7 for one of the Joeys).

I feel like nearly $130 for television service with no premium movie channels is insane. It seems like every time you cut something to save $10, the bill is back up $10 within a year. Like many people, we consistently watch fewer than 10 channels. Basically we keep television service for sports (Chicago Bears football in the fall, Iowa Hawkeyes basketball in the winter, Chicago Cubs baseball in the spring & summer), news, and a few shows that aren't on Hulu. Otherwise cord-cutting would fit most of our needs. Unfortunately we can't get any locals OTA as we live 60 hilly miles from he closest television stations out of Davenport, IA. We've had the Welcome Pack before. I like the price. I don't mind the lack of channels THAT much (although I miss things like Comcast Sports Chicago). I mind the lack of HD (except for the locals) and the fact that we'd lose HD Free For Life if we dropped down to that level of programming.

So for months now I've been thinking of calling to ask for a discount. Unfortunately this has now been gummed up by our Hopper going on the fritz. It records things, but you can't watch them, it's VERY slow to respond (takes up to a minute or more for the DVR to respond to specific commands on the remote), etc...

If I contact Dish to get a replacement DVR, they'd send the same one we're sending back, correct? I'd prefer to upgrade to the newest one (H3), as I'd like to future-proof. I'd be willing to pay for it, within reason - $100 to $200 (I have no idea what they cost). I don't want to sign a new contract. The only way I'd be willing to do that would be if I could get locked in to a much lower price (new customer pricing?). I don't see that happening, although I have been impressed with some of the discounts people have reported getting in this thread.

1) Do you call retentions for both issues at once (discount on our plan + replacement DVR for the broken one)?
2) Is the DVR replacement handled by a different department? And if so, should I take care of that part first (and call about the discount in a couple of weeks)?

We've had the Welcome Pack before. I like the price. I don't mind the lack of channels THAT much (although I miss things like Comcast Sports Chicago). I mind the lack of HD (except for the locals) and the fact that we'd lose HD Free For Life if we dropped down to that level of programming.

The Welcome Pack does have HD versions of many of the satellite channels now and you won't lose HD Free For Life. I made the switch to this package at the end of 2015 and added the Dish Movie pack. You will lose sports coverage except for what is on your locals. You have multiple family members, so it may be best to look for a discount on your current programming.

Reactions: Slappy White
Pretty much any agent any almost any phone or internet department can handle all your requests, but Loyalty dept which is who you want will have the ability to do what you ask and are the ones that can offer the largest credits.

Reactions: Slappy White

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)