Dish is ultra aggressive to keep customers

I called Dish last week over the weekend to find out when our contract is up. They could have cared less I am planning to disconnect service in 4 months. The dish rep actually offered to schedule the disconnect, and at the same time sign me up for Sling TV. No credits were offered other than their offer to turn off my service and sign me up for Sling tv.

I called Dish last week over the weekend to find out when our contract is up. They could have cared less I am planning to disconnect service in 4 months. The dish rep actually offered to schedule the disconnect, and at the same time sign me up for Sling TV. No credits were offered other than their offer to turn off my service and sign me up for Sling tv.
First, you may have been on the line with a POS CSR. I would try again. If you experience a repeat, you must have an account history that does not deem you any special considerations. I have not a clue as to how you "handled" the conversation, but perhaps you inferred you were wanting to pay less a month and they offerd SlingTV.

Although you will always have to sign a 24 month contract when upgrading, that doesnt mean that dish did not wave the ETF (early termination fee) which is the penalty part of the contract. This happens sometimes when dish gives a loyal customer a deal. I own a dish contracting company, been here going on 10 years. Dish is absolutely the best tv service on the planet with the best equipment. And no they dont pay me to say that.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Normally a service call is $95 but if you just had a new receiver installed you should have a free tech visit (there is a warranty), shouldn't be any charge.
There is only a $50 charge while in warranty if you want to relocate a tv or run a new line (something like that) thats a custom work order fee. 10$ or $95 is the fee for a t/c depending on if you have the protection plan

I also have Charter internet at $60/month.They keep offering me 1 year of tv/internet for $80 bucks/month.Free installation,no dvr fees and no contract.We could live with the package(similar to AT120) but I haven't switched yet due to 1)Charter's technology is old and clunky 2)we'd need another dvr for the second tv which is not very convenient.Should I mention they pawned a component only receiver(no hdmi out)on my neighbor which limits his ability to run the signal to an AVR?Or being at my niece's house for Thanksgiving and seeing the signal cut out several times?Still the savings would be significant and we'd get new customer pricing if we switched back to Dish.
If the signal is cutting out, that means there is a problem. When everything is installed correctly it wont cut out. Its very possible the wind or something has moved the dish a bit.

I cannot guarantee they will want Dosh back, however Dish is the best provider I have ever had. It would drive my brother crazy and he would hate them, I am under the belief that Dish, just like any provider, is for a certain need. It is a very good company and satisfies ALL of my needs, but different folks have different strokes.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I would like to upgrade to the Hopper3, I have not upgraded or signed a new 2 year contract in about 4 years. I don't even have the hopper 1 or 2 yet! I called to upgrade and they wanted $175 plus would only give me $50/ month for the first year america's top 120.

Is there any way I can get what the new people get? $50 per month for top 120+ for 3 years, $50 gift card, free installation, no equipment fees, just the monthly dvr service fees? I woud LOVE advice on this. I'm so lost, I am about to just cancel dish and go with COX or DirecTV because I'm so frustrated they won't help after I've been good to them for all these years.

UPDATE: I called back about an hour later. I called to cancel, thinking I'd be given a reasonable offer for signing a new 2 year contract. They didn't even care to give me any options on better deals! So I went ahead and let them cancel, and my programming was switched off while on the phone with them.
I understand some people need/want to watch a lot of TV, but I think I can go without it. I really do wish theyd have given me some deal on signing a new 2 year and giving me my first hopper DVR. But the fact they didn't didn't bother me all that much. I'll just try going with no TV service other than streaming services for a few months, and then have Direct TV come out, or have my wife sign up for a brand new DISH agreement (if they allow).

Do you guys think they'll allow a new contract to this same address, but in my wife's name instead of mine?

UPDATE: I called back about an hour later. I called to cancel, thinking I'd be given a reasonable offer for signing a new 2 year contract. They didn't even care to give me any options on better deals! So I went ahead and let them cancel, and my programming was switched off while on the phone with them.
I understand some people need/want to watch a lot of TV, but I think I can go without it. I really do wish theyd have given me some deal on signing a new 2 year and giving me my first hopper DVR. But the fact they didn't didn't bother me all that much. I'll just try going with no TV service other than streaming services for a few months, and then have Direct TV come out, or have my wife sign up for a brand new DISH agreement (if they allow).

Do you guys think they'll allow a new contract to this same address, but in my wife's name instead of mine?
You will probably get a good deal to come back to DISH. Look for a post card and or letter in the mail in the next two weeks. You can see if you qualify under your wife's name , but I don't know if they will allow it or not. They didn't try through the loyalty department to give you any incentives to stay?

Great advice. And you are right about the mesh of deals (though not 3 or 4). Take away the $50 gift card, and it is precisely what is being offered at this moment on the Dish website. I'd gladly take that! I don't know if I was with "customer loyalty", I just called saying I'd like to cancel. And they cancelled it! That easy!

I have had dish for just over 15 years now. With AT120 programming for the last few years (use ROKU more and more these days), I was able to get $30 off per month for 12 months. They initially offered $25/month, but as soon as I mentioned the price increase that was just about to go into effect, they upped it by the $5. I haven't been under contract for 7 years, and still have my VIP 722 receiver (theirs, not mine), but I didn't have to work extra hard for the credit. I now pay just under $43/month for my service. I contacted the Executive Offices directly....their regular CS line hasn't been of much help over the years.

Not quite as good a deal as some others I've seen on here, but I can't complain.
And how do you contact the Executive Offices if you don't mind saying? TIA

I was able to after calling there corp office I asked to dorks to someone on the executive team and I was able to speak to someone on the executive team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)