Dish is up and running!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Dish is up and running!...now questions!

Got the Coolsat 4000 pro this week :)

Have the P* Dish and KU LNB :)

Got it on a fixed mount, ran the coax, and am getting some channels! :)

I do however, have a few questions that I hope the forum can answer... :confused: ...perhaps you can answer one or more? ...here we go!

QUESTIONS

1) Lyngsat shows SBS6 having a bunch of Ku NBC feeds. The OHIO NEWS NETWORK comes in fine. But I'm not getting the feeds...why?

2) I was connecting my H/V coaxes up to the 4:1 switch and forgot to turn the Coolsat off ...now #2 will not get a signal to the receiver. Is it possible to kill one of the ports on the switch? After this happened, I began using port 1 for horizontal and port 3 for vertical (or vice versa), and that seems to work okay...suggestions?

3) Some satellites (like SBS6) are not listed on the Coolsat menu. Why? And does it matter which satellite I use to scan a new satellite (as long as I watch the LNB frequency..10.750)? I've noticed that some of the presets give better signal strengths even if the settings are the same as another named satellite??

4) When I add the D* LNB to port 4 on the switch, will I have to make any special changes to the menu before doing a blind scan?

5) Anyone have plans/pics for a cheap manually operated polar mount?

6) Sometimes a blind scan will list a channel more than once. Why?

:eek: Sorry to ask so many, but I've been saving them up for a while!
I thought this would be better than starting 5 or 6 new threads...

Thanks in advance to all...and thanks satelliteguys.us for the forum...it's great!

Mike1234 said:
Got the Coolsat 4000 pro this week :)

Have the P* Dish and KU LNB :)

Got it on a fixed mount, ran the coax, and am getting some channels! :)

I do however, have a few questions that I hope the forum can answer... :confused: ...perhaps you can answer one or more? ...here we go!

QUESTIONS

1) Lyngsat shows SBS6 having a bunch of Ku NBC feeds. The OHIO NEWS NETWORK comes in fine. But I'm not getting the feeds...why?

2) I was connecting my H/V coaxes up to the 4:1 switch and forgot to turn the Coolsat off ...now #2 will not get a signal to the receiver. Is it possible to kill one of the ports on the switch? After this happened, I began using port 1 for horizontal and port 3 for vertical (or vice versa), and that seems to work okay...suggestions?

3) Some satellites (like SBS6) are not listed on the Coolsat menu. Why? And does it matter which satellite I use to scan a new satellite (as long as I watch the LNB frequency..10.750)? I've noticed that some of the presets give better signal strengths even if the settings are the same as another named satellite??

4) When I add the D* LNB to port 4 on the switch, will I have to make any special changes to the menu before doing a blind scan?

5) Anyone have plans/pics for a cheap manually operated polar mount?

:eek: Sorry to ask so many, but I've been saving them up for a while!
I thought this would be better than starting 5 or 6 new threads...

Thanks in advance to all...and thanks satelliteguys.us for the forum...it's great!

1. You see the feeds when they are up. They come and go.

2. I have yet to kill one but it's definately possible.

3. I think their list is simply outdated. I re-did the whole list on my CoolSat. It matters which sat you are on for your own sanity. It'll help you find the channel again later AND and transponders that are found in a blind scan will be saved per satellite.

4. This is another reason to use another satellite slot on the coolsat. You can tell it for Echo 7 to use port 4 of the DiSEqC and it'll have the right L.O. etc for the DSS LNB.

5. Pete posted some interesting pics a little while back. He took the normal azm / elv mount and inclined the pole for the elevation setting. The dish elevation then acts as the declination setting. From there it's a manual polar mount. Pretty darn cool if you ask me!

6. This happens for me on DBS satellites sometimes. Basicly the L or R polarized transponder is getting picked up by both your Horz and verticle polarization setting with the linear LNB.

I hope that helps!

Shawn

Mike1234 said:

feeds. These are up only for a little bit at a time. AMC9 has plenty of these too :)

you should always power (switch on back) off unti when adding/changing stuff

you can rename satellites. I did that to the C-Band ones

LO frequency needs to be 11250 and port 4 :)

what do you mean? Most of the time I never get a duplicate

Thanks for the help! :)

Iceburg: When I scan SBS6, I always get 2 ONN channels...one is 69% the other 70%...probably just picking up the channel on both h/v coax? :confused: Have noticed this happening on other sats as well...Not a big deal, though...I am really enjoying the new hobby! :D

Maybe you need to tweak the skew on you LNB to advoid getting it both on H and V. Twist it one way or another in the mount on the dish and see if the H goes up and the V goes down or vice versa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts