Dish just called my house??

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I just received a call from a dishnetwork phone #. My caller Id showed unknown name 1-866-668-8047. I called the number back because they didn't leave a message and was surprised to see that it was Dish. I was placed on hold when I called back and finally a CSR answered and had no clue why I would have been called. She then asked if I wanted to upgrade my programming.
Is this a common practice by Dish to call the customer to see if they want to upgrade their programming?

CRS cals

I, too, was called; I was asked to upgrade to Starz package. I was told E* offered StarzHD. I was the one who had to break the news the the CSR that E* doesn't offer StarzHD!

This has happened to me 3 times in two weeks. Like you, I called back and was immediately in a call queue. The CSR was clueless to why I was called.

I keep missing the chance to answer when they call, I wonder if anyone is on the other end.

I Just Googled

» Does Dish Network have a programming guide Kaptains Satellite TV ...
Call this number 1-866-668-8047 it is a back door number to Dish Network Customer
Service, you won’t have to go through the automated menu. ...
www.kaptainsatellite.com/blog/archives/ 2005/07/27/does-dish-network-have-a-programming-guide/ - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Must be a big sales push.

I got a call on my cell this weekend from the above number. I didn't answer it, I Googled it instead and saw it was Dish. When they called again about two hours later I told them I was already a sub and the CSR said he would update their records.....

they called again. They tried to get me to order showtime. When I said no the guy got real pushy, so I said no thanks and hung up.

kcribb1 said:
I, too, was called; I was asked to upgrade to Starz package. I was told E* offered StarzHD. I was the one who had to break the news the the CSR that E* doesn't offer StarzHD!
Actually, they are going to be offering it very soon.

I used to get a few calls here and there from Dish on my cell phone. I talked to them one day and I was told that they somehow keep a record of the times I call from that number and it showed that I have called quite a few times. I explained to them that I was an installer and that was the end of the phone calls top my cell. So i would ask all of you if you have called Dish themselves a few times in the last week or so?

wobbie said:
So i would ask all of you if you have called Dish themselves a few times in the last week or so?

I avoid calling them at all costs. I have not called them since I last activated a receiver in mid January. But as many of us are upgrading receivers, I am sure many here have called in the last couple months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)