Dish just called my house??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
I just received a call from a dishnetwork phone #. My caller Id showed unknown name 1-866-668-8047. I called the number back because they didn't leave a message and was surprised to see that it was Dish. I was placed on hold when I called back and finally a CSR answered and had no clue why I would have been called. She then asked if I wanted to upgrade my programming.
Is this a common practice by Dish to call the customer to see if they want to upgrade their programming?

CRS cals

I, too, was called; I was asked to upgrade to Starz package. I was told E* offered StarzHD. I was the one who had to break the news the the CSR that E* doesn't offer StarzHD!

This has happened to me 3 times in two weeks. Like you, I called back and was immediately in a call queue. The CSR was clueless to why I was called.

I keep missing the chance to answer when they call, I wonder if anyone is on the other end.

I Just Googled

» Does Dish Network have a programming guide Kaptains Satellite TV ...
Call this number 1-866-668-8047 it is a back door number to Dish Network Customer
Service, you won’t have to go through the automated menu. ...
www.kaptainsatellite.com/blog/archives/ 2005/07/27/does-dish-network-have-a-programming-guide/ - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Must be a big sales push.

I got a call on my cell this weekend from the above number. I didn't answer it, I Googled it instead and saw it was Dish. When they called again about two hours later I told them I was already a sub and the CSR said he would update their records.....

they called again. They tried to get me to order showtime. When I said no the guy got real pushy, so I said no thanks and hung up.

kcribb1 said:
I, too, was called; I was asked to upgrade to Starz package. I was told E* offered StarzHD. I was the one who had to break the news the the CSR that E* doesn't offer StarzHD!
Actually, they are going to be offering it very soon.

I used to get a few calls here and there from Dish on my cell phone. I talked to them one day and I was told that they somehow keep a record of the times I call from that number and it showed that I have called quite a few times. I explained to them that I was an installer and that was the end of the phone calls top my cell. So i would ask all of you if you have called Dish themselves a few times in the last week or so?

wobbie said:
So i would ask all of you if you have called Dish themselves a few times in the last week or so?

I avoid calling them at all costs. I have not called them since I last activated a receiver in mid January. But as many of us are upgrading receivers, I am sure many here have called in the last couple months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)