Dish just called...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, that is what is keeping me with DISH. The DVRs are pretty nice. I am more for quality than the competition having more HD channels. DISH will catch up. They just have had bad luck with satellite launches. Not their fault. I just wish they had respect for SatelliteGuys and come out with some kinda statement of info.

Honestly, I was concerned about switching from Dish because of the DVR reviews but I can honestly tell you that after going from a 622 to a HR21, I have little complaint...they just rolled out a software enhancement that matches and even surpassing some of the 622 capabilities. Only thing I miss is the 2 tv capability and the OTA tuner but the OTA tuner issue should be a mute point by next month. I also love the fact that I can program my DVR from work via the internet.

And as to compression, HD PQ is much better on Direct. Ultimately, people choose a carrier based on what their own preferences are, not on what someone else does.

Dish is putting their stakes in their DVRs. They know they currently do not have the HD count, so they are really trying to pump their DVR. "Better than T***." "Award winning DVR." "The best DVR out there." ... etc.

It is my guess that Dish is hoping that their DVRs will keep people enough until they can get a bird or two up ...

Just a piece of equipment to broadcast content....people don't watch TV for the equipment that's used, they watch it for content.

I'm a recent/current E* sub after 10 years with D*. I'm not getting into a debate over which is better, b/c it's a matter of preference,

I know you said that you weren't going to get into a debate, but I don't understand why anyone who values HD would switch from D* to E*. Of course, someone could have a customer satisfaction issue with D*.

I've been with E* for almost 11 years, but if I were a new sub signing up right now, I'd go with D* without hesitation.

I know you said that you weren't going to get into a debate, but I don't understand why anyone who values HD would switch from D* to E*. Of course, someone could have a customer satisfaction issue with D*.

I've been with E* for almost 11 years, but if I were a new sub signing up right now, I'd go with D* without hesitation.

I didn't have any problem with DD*, but I had only 1 SD box with D* w/ no DVR (back in '97 or so when I started with D* HD and DVRs were not on radar). I just built a new house in October, with multiple rooms prewired. I liked the idea of one HD DVR w/ multiple tuners at no upfront cost. ( I tried talking to D* retention to see if they would cut me a deal on HD DVR, but they still wanted $199 for HD DVR). With just one 722, I get HD on my main TV, and feed SD on tuner 2 to bedrooms, basement (for wife, kids----I get the HD if I want). I figure E* will catch up--My biggest gripe is lack of HD locals here in Cincinnati (I get limited OTA).....:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)