Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got the following in my INBOX. :)

PROGRAMMING UPDATE

Big Ten Network

Effective September 6, 2007, by 5pm ET, DISH Network will launch Big Ten Network to existing subs at the 110° orbital location. In addition to this 24x7 full time channel, channels 440-443 will be launched to support additional carriage when there are multiple games at conflicting times. When game content is not being broadcast, these channels will display a slate. This added service will be available at no additional cost to America’s Top 100 customers.

The updated information regarding the station is:

Station:
BIG10

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:
110°

Packages:
AT100 and above

This added service will be available at no additional cost to America’s Top 100 customers.
I, along with probably everyone else, greatly appreciate this detail. :)

It's a little unsettling that they specifically mention AT100 customers... hopefully those subscribing to the higher tiers won't take the brunt of paying for this addition.

In any case, I'm happy to see they got this worked out.

Sweet Scott... Dish has officially beat out allot of cable subs as I know comcast is airing out commercials on why they don't have this channel. Does this include The HD version of this channel. Also, CNNHD launched on the 1st of September, Wondering if we will see that anytime soon also :)

What's funny is I started hearing the marketing campaigns on the radio about their Big 10 coverage on other channels and the 'press release'. Me thinks it was a ploy to prove to Delany and the BTN they were serious.

WOW - that is a suprise! Guess the rate per sub is falling. I would guess that this will be the start of several carriers joining, especially cable in the midwest.

The only ones that count are the midwest

WOW - that is a suprise! Guess the rate per sub is falling. I would guess that this will be the start of several carriers joining, especially cable in the midwest.

The othere ones were getting it for 10 cents. Who cares about that.

Big Ten

i bet this will stop some of the directtv hookups

looks like no HD version of it, and probally wont be, but atleast we get it!

All I want to hear from all these BTN supporters is "Thankyou sir may I pay some more" when we get a $3-$4 rate hike Feb 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts