Dish Launches Big 10 Network

440 looks better than 439 right now, also some dark conditions at Memorial stadium due to rain, could be hurting the brightness.

Boy am I glad to see the Illini, and see just how far the work has, or by the looks of it, has not got done in the memorial stadium renvoations.

Boy am I glad to see the Illini, and see just how far the work has, or by the looks of it, has not got done in the memorial stadium renvoations.

This is off-topic, but stadium renovations are running ahead of schedule. The place is going to look amazing next season!

This is on-topic: Memorial Stadium is going to look amazing next season on Big Ten Network! :D

I thought 439 looked pretty good. 9467 is superb. Nothing like Football in High Definition!
Once the game itself resumed, and the more I watched, I was NOT impressed with the PQ after all. Didn't have any macroblocking, but it just wasn't sharp or crisp to me.

I agree with hall, here. The HD version was very poor quality for HD. It looked more like "FOX Widescreen High Resolution Digital TV". I don't know if E* had any hand in the actual quality of the HD.

Not that I care anything about the game or the channel, I am happy that E* has added the channel(s) as many people will enjoy it.

FWIW I thought the HD PQ in the second game (Iowa vs Syracuse) was considerably better. Perhaps the cameras or infrastructure at the first game were not up to par?

I am guessing we will only have 1 HD channel for BTN? BTN has what 4-5 HD games a week? Sometimes 3-4 games at the same time?

We will definitely have at least 1 HD channel for BTN. Given that E* is launching 9 HD PPV channels some are hoping they'll use those feeds for the overflow games.

I blame the PQ issues for OSU vs Akron on the brightness of the sunlight. Darker games always look better, I think the sun just drowns out the colors and sharpness.

that's interesting, I say it goes to AT 250 outside of the region.

I SOOOOOOOO hope you are right. I only read a couple pages when they launched the channel, so I didnt know they were going to cut it off in March. At least that gets us through B-ball. I am from Indiana, so I love Hossier basketball, and this was a dream when I saw that Dish launced BTN. And now I am depressed that they are gonna take it away from me. I suppose if they charge me for it come March or April, then I will have to beg the wife for it. But, I my only keep it during basketball season, not a collage football fan at all.

I am guessing we will only have 1 HD channel for BTN? BTN has what 4-5 HD games a week? Sometimes 3-4 games at the same time?

Dish can run all the games in HD at the same time. They share HD space amongst the RSNs, since they do not all have HD games on at the same time, Dish just shows the HD games when they happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)