Dish Launches Big 10 Network

AT200 will be $50 by Jan 2009

that's a guarantee now

According to Dish's website it is $49.99 now, today, September 2007

If it only goes up a penny in 15 months, that is pretty good!

But when you click on this stupid ad from the main page it takes you to the $42.99 price... I think they are ready to change the price now.

dishad.jpg

Yesterday it was free to the end of 2007 and availble only in BIG 10 states(as a RSN) now its coming to a AT package outside BIG 10 area

No. yesterday it was free to all with a qualifying package through early 2008 and then it will be avaialable only in certain states. That seems to be what they aa re saying now as well except that they give a specific date for the changeover now though it does say that it amy be in some leel of serice.

One link to a 9/06/07 press release DISH Network, the Leader in College Sports, Adds Big Ten Network

Last edited:
Big 10 network has a new twist!!

Q: As a DISH Network customer, do I get the Big Ten Network?
A: Yes. DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439 through March 2008.

Additionally, the satellite provider has also committed to carrying the network's overflow games so subscribers will have access to all Big Ten Network games when multiple games are being produced. Call your DISH Network provider for more information.

Beginning in March 2008 for DISH customers inside the Big Ten's eight states, DISH Network will move the Big Ten Network from America's Top 100 (AT100) service to its America's Top 100 Plus service (AT100+) where all its regional sports networks are carried. That level of service is the equivalent to expanded basic cable.

Beginning in March 2008 for DISH customers outside the Big Ten's eight states, DISH Network will move the Big Ten Network from AT100 to a to-be-determined level of service.

This remains consistent with our stance that if you live within the Big Ten footprint, you should be able to receive the Big Ten Network on an expanded basic – or the equivalent – level of service. Outside of the Big Ten region, we are flexible on our carriage terms.

Big Ten Network

that's interesting, I say it goes to AT 250 outside of the region.

Great news!

Now ... where's the HD??? :)

DISH Network will broadcast two games in high-definition Saturday on Channel 9467, including Akron @ Ohio State (12:00 p.m. ET) and Syracuse @ Iowa (8:00 p.m. ET), and officially launch the HD simulcast of the Big Ten Network the following week.

:D

Purdue on 442

Purdue game, ch442. Absolute WORST SD picture I have ever seen. Nearly unwatchable. Higher channels are better. Check it out.

Purdue game, ch442. Absolute WORST SD picture I have ever seen. Nearly unwatchable. Higher channels are better. Check it out.

Doesn't look 'nearly unwatchable' at all to me on a 52" CRT RPTV. I've seen much worse. The audio is very low, however.

EDIT: ah, I was looking at the channel you mentioned -- 442, which is showing Miami vs Minnesota. 443, which is showing the Purdue game, I see is around the same PQ as 442. I still would not say that it is nearly unwatchable at all. Better than nothing I suppose.

Oh well, I'm watching the OSU game in HD anyway. :)

Purdue game looks like normal SD to me.

I'm watching all of the games, flipping back and forth. This is flat out awesome!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts