Hd channels 118/120/154 off the air?

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Presently I am getting nothing but a black screen on A& E on 118 /9419 , History channel 120/9491 and Nfl channel 154/9426. I checked on the transponder and I am getting a 55 strength signal on transponder 22 on the 61.5 sat. Checked on all 3 hd dvrs and it is the same thing. Wonder what is up?

I have 61.5 and the reboot didn't help. I am getting a 55 strength on transponder 22 and that is considered good on the new scale . Something is up and it effects only these three channels. IF they were going to move these three channels to another transponder to add to the three already there in mpeg 4 , wouldn't you think that they would of done this in the early morning hours when everyone is asleep? Or is something wrong with this transponder?

What is weird is that A & E and History channel are both on transponder 22 but A& E is on Echostar 3 satellite and History is on Echostar 12 sat. Nfl channel in on Transponder 2 on the Echostar 3 satellite. I also see that Transponder 22 is adding HD pay per view channels 541 and 542 on Echostar 3 satellite on the 22 transponder. So something is being moved around up there. I guess it is time to call up and complain.

I don't see anything wrong with the TP's. The channels are technically there but they are running at 2 mbps..basically what you are explaining.

Looks like the same thing on 129 too.

I wonder if the uplink lost the master feeds of these channels?

EDIT: No changes on the uplink report either.

I called tech support and documented the specifics as I reported them here . We did the check switch check , reboot etc and she took the report. Now get this: NO one else has reported this . Imagine that. THe same response you get everytime. I also reported others on the web have seen it also on both sats 129 and 61.5 . Everyone needs to report the outage also.

History HD problem?

I'm getting a black screen when attempting to view HistoryHD today 9/10/07. Is it my set up or is anyone else having a problem?

I'm also getting nothing on A&E HD and History HD (didn't check any others) Both are on 129 transponder 27. Signal OK, but just getting blank screen. Did front panel reset and check switch to no avail.

I'm also getting nothing on A&E HD and History HD (didn't check any others) Both are on 129 transponder 27. Signal OK, but just getting blank screen. Did front panel reset and check switch to no avail.

61.5 TP 22 same thing. Must be a feed issue.

The SD is working on the 622 and 501, seems to be just HD is out at this time...I am still on 441...Looking like a problem on Dish's end.

It's happening on both 129 and 61.5. It's either a master feed issue or something at the uplink that handles these channels. The uplink to the actual TP's and satellites are working fine as the other channels on those TP's are still up. The content for these channels is "missing".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)