Hd channels 118/120/154 off the air?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My guess: Dish decided there wasn't enough HD content on any of these channels to call them HD, so they pulled the plug in the name of "Truth in Advertising". :D

I heard from a friend that there was a fire at the uplink center for History and A&E and that's why they are off. I don't know if that's true though.

Ugh...at least you would've thought they could've put better music to go with the "black screen"

Your music is on now with a basic DISH HD logo.

If the fire someone else reported occurred, it may take them awhile to fix.

Wouldn't it seem likely that more than 2 or 3 channels would be affected? And isn't there a backup facility?

Universal hd and Cinemax hd both are on transponder 22 on Echostar 12 at 61.5 . A & E and History channel are also on transponder 22 on Echostar 3 at 61.5 also , according to the dish channel chart. I didn't realize you could have the same transponder on two different sats like that. But NFl channel is on transponder 2 on echostar 3 at 61.5 . I really don't what is going on but how can it affect random channels on two different transponders on two different sats at the same location?

Universal hd and Cinemax hd both are on transponder 22 on Echostar 12 at 61.5 . A & E and History channel are also on transponder 22 on Echostar 3 at 61.5 also , according to the dish channel chart. I didn't realize you could have the same transponder on two different sats like that. But NFl channel is on transponder 2 on echostar 3 at 61.5 . I really don't what is going on but how can it affect random channels on two different transponders on two different sats at the same location?

Did you read my posts earlier?

There's nothing wrong with the Dish uplinks or TP's. The issue is with the source of the content. If the fire is true at the master feed uplink, then Dish isn't even getting those channels to the uplink facility.

There's nothing wrong with the Dish uplinks or TP's. The issue is with the source of the content. If the fire is true at the master feed uplink, then Dish isn't even getting those channels to the uplink facility.
I'm wondering if it might be a software issue with the Dish multiplexers, considering that NFL-HD shouldn't have any relationship with A&E.

I'm wondering if it might be a software issue with the Dish multiplexers, considering that NFL-HD shouldn't have any relationship with A&E.

I doubt it...otherwise you wouldn't see the slates right now either.

There might be an issue with some equipment that receives the master feeds at the uplink center.

I don't have a picture on HD History channel or A&E either. The History HD does have the Dish logo and music for audio but A&E is a black screen.

Actually the MPEG4 encoders are doing their job and "sucking" up the bandwidth from the other two missing feeds and giving it to the other feeds on the TP.

Has anyone else noticed that History-HD has been showing
SD on programs which I would have expected to be HD?

This past weekend, Ice Road truckers was letterboxed SD, and so was that Star Wars legacy show. Both appeared to be HD content, but just shown in SD on a HD channel. Ugh!

Yes I read but I haven't been staying here just reading the posts. Been mowing the yard, came back in and read a few posts & responded to them. I really have no way of knowing how the master feed uplink works so it didn't register to me. How about you explain a little futher how the process works so we can logically think about this ? I am really curious how they get channels to the uplink from all the different national channels around the country - not counting the uplink pop centers for locals. I already kind of know how that works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)