Dish Launches RSN's in HD

After the Cardinals game and postgame was over 368 FSMHD is carrying Music and a Dish Logo.

But hey, if they only carry the Cardinal games, that is a step in the right direction.

How bogus! Why do we pay for sports packages like Center Ice when they don't show the games in HD? You have to live in a DMA to get the HD feed even though you pay for the sports channels and Center Ice? Not even VS in HD.

This is overblown hype!

I am really pissed off that Dish did not turn on FSN-NW, there's 90 games I'll miss this season!!!!!! All Northwest people, e-mail Dish at ceo@echostar.com, and voice your complaint at them and tell them to turn Fsn-NW on!!!!!!!!!!

I am really pissed off that Dish did not turn on FSN-NW, there's 90 games I'll miss this season!!!!!! All Northwest people, e-mail Dish at ceo@echostar.com, and voice your complaint at them and tell them to turn Fsn-NW on!!!!!!!!!!

Tell them to turn on ALL of the RSN's that werent made available in HD....not just pick and chose which RSN to go HD. I dont think yours or my bill will be any cheaper than those that do have their RSN in HD. FYI.....FSN North here :mad: An email will be going out today to the ceo for sure.....

I don't understand why they turned on FSNFL but are waiting until the fall for SunSports. They are both owned by the same company. They split baseball coverage pretty evenly so some games that will be broadcast in HD I won't be able to get because they're on Sun.

Re: SNY in HD

Yeah...I'm officially in the camp waiting on that one too, now!!! :up

I got tired of waiting so I scheduled a HD cable install for this morning. I still have Dish but it is now necessary to suplement it a little.

The Time Warner Digital Starter Pack will cost me an extra $30 per month and give me:
YES & YES-HD
SNY & SNY-HD
WWOR, WPIX and WNET all in HD

Of course there is more but I get the rest in HD via Dish.

No InHD here as that is in a higher priced package.

I wish Dish would get their act together and get going on all of this. I'd much rather have that $30 back in my pocket.

I don't understand why they turned on FSNFL but are waiting until the fall for SunSports. They are both owned by the same company. They split baseball coverage pretty evenly so some games that will be broadcast in HD I won't be able to get because they're on Sun.

Only Marlins overflow games air on Sun Sports....and none of those in HD.

FSN Florida is the only HD MLB channel we have. 74 HD (out of 110 total for FSN) Marlins games & 39 HD (out of 75 total for FSN) Rays games on FSN Florida HD. Marlins only air 40 games on SUN and all are SD in 2007.

SUN airs the Lightning, Magic, and HEAT in HD.
FSNFL airs the Marlins, Rays, and Panthers in HD.

Only Marlins overflow games air on Sun Sports....and none of those in HD.

FSN Florida is the only HD MLB channel we have. 74 Marlins games & 39 Rays games on FSN Florida HD. Marlins only air 40 games on SUN and all are SD in 2007.

SUN airs the Lightning, Magic, and HEAT in HD.
FSNFL airs the Marlins, Rays, and Panthers in HD.

Oh, you're right. I was looking at some of the basketball and hockey games that sun has in HD.

"Subscribers who sign up now with DISH Network can get an industry-leading HD/DVR, the ViP622 DVR, at no upfront cost and can select from exciting all digital standard definition (SD) and HD programming packages.

New and existing subscribers can sign up for DISH Network's DishDVR Advantage, an all-inclusive TV package with more than 200 all digital SD channels, local channels where available, a state-of-the-art DVR serving two TVs and free standard professional installation with no extra fees for one low price of $49.99. For only $20 more a month customers can customize their DishDVR Advantage plan with DishHD. The HD RSNs are available to customers who subscribe to DISH Network's America's Top 100 Plus programming with DishHD."

What does it mean for people who already dish customers. I called last month and was told that I have to pay $150 to upgrade 211 to 622. Is it $49.99 now?

I looked around but didn't see the answer to this question. Maybe I just missed it, but I'm curious, are the RSNs 720 or 1080 (i'm assuming 720).

Wow, I can honsetly say that is an answer that I would never had suspected. Personally I'd totally prefer 1080 (and I get the feeling I'm in the vast minority by saying that I prefer 1080 for sports content). I'm in the St. Louis market. Is there a definitive list? Which format is FoxSportsMidWest using?
720p

Wow, I can honsetly say that is an answer that I would never had suspected. Personally I'd totally prefer 1080 (and I get the feeling I'm in the vast minority by saying that I prefer 1080 for sports content). I'm in the St. Louis market. Is there a definitive list? Which format is FoxSportsMidWest using?

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6628342

"HD games are telecast by FSN Midwest in the 720p format, which renders ultra-sharp pictures and provides excellent resolution for sports programming."

For Sports 720p should be better than 1080i.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)