Dish letter advise?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
I received a letter asking me to take advantage of an offer from Dish. I have about two or three months left on my 24 month commitment. I believe.Offer was something like $10 off a month for two years. $10 a month for the DVR fee. $5 dollars off for auto pay. Which I am already enrolled in. 1st question is. If I am already enrolled in auto pay does the discount still apply? Is this the best offer I can hope for? I have been shopping TV service's. Bills too high! I love Dish. Have been with them for a good while. Just very unsure what I should do. My wife says whatever I want. I just hate to get stuck in a commitment and some new tech or a better offer comes around. Any help or thoughts you may have would be welcome. See attachment.Thanks

Attachments

• dish letter.JPG
    dish letter.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 452
Yes, it's a good deal if you don't plan on switching to a different TV provider. I recently renewed my 2-year contract with price lock guarantee as well. Basically, your saving $20 a month off your entire bill.

I have “Waive ETF for life” on my account because Dish screwed up my renewal offer back in July. Make sure you get what they promise you and that your rep knows what they are talking about. They even sent me Mrs. Fields cookies because they screwed up so bad. Not joking. They melted in the box outside my door.

Dish is like a bad girlfriend who wants to keep you but doesn’t quite know how ;) Cookies help though.

I have “Waive ETF for life” on my account because Dish screwed up my renewal offer back in July. Make sure you get what they promise you and that your rep knows what they are talking about. They even sent me Mrs. Fields cookies because they screwed up so bad. Not joking. They melted in the box outside my door.

Funny. I called them today. Got a CRS who spoke VERY bad English. Deal he was quoting was not what was in the letter. He said I need the check on this. (deal) Many times. Finally I just hung up on him. Bad communicator. Did not know his facts. Gave me nothing but doubt about this offer.

I just spoke to someone from Dish about the two year price lock she said they would give me 20 off plus a 10 DVR fee . So I would end up saving 25 for the next two years. I will think about it . I don’t like a two year contact . Is the price lock on programing cost or just I am locked into a two year contract with the 25 discount.

I just spoke to someone from Dish about the two year price lock she said they would give me 20 off plus a 10 DVR fee . So I would end up saving 25 for the next two years. I will think about it . I don’t like a two year contact . Is the price lock on programing cost or just I am locked into a two year contract with the 25 discount.
That is something you should of asked DISH when you were on the phone with them . Only they can tell you for sure.

If it is a price lock, my understanding is that as the regular price increases, the amount of the discount also increases to offset the price increase. If the offer is the same as the one posted in the OP, then the wording in the letter does not seem to guarantee a price lock. It does specifically say a $10 per month DVR fee, so if the DVR fee increases in the next two years, then the discount on the DVR fee would also have a matching increase.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)