Dish LIVE Retailer Chat Recap - December 20, 2006

So we are looking at 114.99 for AEP + hd pack +locals? Can we now just buy AEP if we have a 622 dvr and not get hit with the damn 6.00 hd enabeling fee PER RECIEVER now?

IF not then I would be looking at 94.99 for AEP w locals + 12.00 hd enabeling fees =106.99. ONly a $8.00 savings over taking the hd channels. I would lose my 30 or so hd channels and save only 8.00 because of the hd enabeling fees.

Either way this once again SUCKS . This is the 7th price increase since 2000. AT this rate we will all have to decide to downgrade to save money or move to something else.

If it wasn't for the damn Science Channel I could live with going down to the AT200 package.

I may cut our HD channels and just have the HD locals since we don't watch much if any of the national HD channels. They are way too repetitive.

The Channel is Boomerang for Me But I may just Drop to the Family Pack and add the HD Pack to It.

Any reason why I couldn't do this? and Upgrade to the 622?

Thanks,
Cegarrett

Scott,If you get the DVR Advantage Package is the enabling fee waived in the AEP only? What is the plan consisting of? Thanks

"...So if I lease a 622 I can subscribe to the Family Pak + HD ???..."

No. You must subscribe to a "metallic" pack or now the equivalent. Not available with Family, apparently not even for the extra $6 fee.

Correct you much subscribe to an "AT" pack in order to buy the HD Package.

BTW just did another check around the satellite world and still no other site is mentioning any of this stuff. This amazes me. :)

It goes to show which site is on top of this.Congratulations on being on top of this and times man of the year. How about the waiver fees for a DVR.Is it only for the AEP Pack?

what I dont understand is they give me a 18 month contract and I would have thought it is 18 months at the same rate. for $3 more a month they better give me something more....

Apparently with Dish, a contract only locks YOU in to buy their service for a specific time. They however dictate the price and level of service they may or may not provide you during the contact period. The contract binds YOU to pay them at least xxx number of dollars per month.

So if I bought my 622 dvrs then I don't have to pay the $6.00 hd enabeling fees if I don't want to sub to hd pack Scott?
But I think you have to pay a HD non-enabeling fee if you don't subscribe to HD, while still paying either "a DVR enabeling Fee" or "a DVR non-enabeling Fee".

With out going back through the thread, I thought if you committed yourself - to a 18 month contract, then you would be entitled to the new price increase for 24 months without any additional increases. An extra 6 months without a contract.

Pushing a DVRAdvantage program.... Sounds like he's not confident about winning the TIVO suit and wants to get everyone committed before its too late. The reason I haven't purchased two more 622's.:D

Since the Looney Toons, Jennetta Jones (Da Weather Channel), HNN, and the TVGC are not in HD, I may have to drop the HD's also. :)

EDIT:
Apparently with Dish, a contract only locks YOU in to buy their service for a specific time. They however dictate the price and level of service they may or may not provide you during the contact period. The contract binds YOU to pay them at least xxx number of dollars per month.
If you are currently under a contract, I wouldn't expect that price to change until after the contract, unless you changed your programming.

Speaking of going back to cable, I can tell you my recent experience: TWC offered us phone/internet and cable including a pick of two of the premiums. Two HD DVR's, HD offerings for $115 month for one year. Year two it goes to $125 and the third year it goes to full price of $157.00(Year three, I will dump the premiums). That is a signifcant savings over what I was paying Dish for the AT60 package, the phone company and TWC for just RoadRunner. I'm getting everything from TWC that is in the AT180 package and more. I still have Dish, but just have the Superstation and distants with NPS. I'll most likley dump Dish alltogether before long and just keep the NPS package for $9.00. By the time year 3 comes around, I'll see how these two compare but right now I'm saving serious dollars with TWC.

With a $10/mon increase, I will have to step back and reconsider moving to a lower tier package. Like say AT200 + HD + 2 movie channels. See how that compares to the AEP + HD rate with one leased DVR.

I've forgotten how the leased DVR is priced now. If I have AT200 + HD, do I pay just the $6 lease fee, or $6 lease plus $5 DVR fee?

So if I bought my 622 dvrs then I don't have to pay the $6.00 hd enabeling fees if I don't want to sub to hd pack Scott?

Well I just called and asked the TECH department about owning the 622 and the hd enabeling fees and they said they Charge them if you don't have a hd pack regardless if you own them or lease them. So no escaping the enabeling fees PER RECEIVER.

You probably call back and you would get a different answer.:) I would also like to know the DVR fees on the new packs.If you don't get charged only if you get the AEP Pack.What if you have an HD Pack then what are the DVR Fees for the new packs like the DVR Advantage Pack coming in February?Scott do you know?I would like to upgrade to a 622 but want to know the fees for the DVR Advantage Pack whether it's for the AEP or any other pack if you have HD and with the uncertainty of the TIVO lawsuit.

I dropped down to DishHD Bronze a while back so the price increase will not affect me. However, I am just a little disappointed with the new Pricing/Packaging. I was hoping to see a modest 3-6 dollar increase per package, but I was also expecting the HD channels to be included free-of-charge. FiOS does not charge extra for HD channels, and I feel that we HD is no longer a "novelty" requiring cusomers to pay a premium. If you purchase or lease a HD capable receiver (we purchased two 622s and lease an 811) then you should get the HD channels without paying a $20 surcharge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)