DISH Locals Launching in June

STELA being passed allows Dish to import locals in neighboring markets. They still cant technically sell distants...so if your market is short on the BIg 4 Dish will now be able to import a neighboring market to fill it in
I actually read the text of the bill, and it looks like Dish will be able to sell distants.

That actually won't be very many people, since Dish cannot sell distants to anyone whose locals are carried, and Dish will be required to sell all DMAs' locals. Are there people with no DMA ? I don't think so.

But Dish will be able to sell distants to RV people.

By a date in 2013, Dish will be required to carry all SD locals and all HD locals in the USA.

the list in post 1 are going to be for SD...those are markets Dish doesnt have at all

But if Dish is going to import stations from neighboring DMA's to fill the DMA and the neighboring ones are in HD, wouldn't those imported locals be in HD?

For example, I'm in Lafayette, IN, and all the Indy locals are in HD, so I would hope that ABC, NBC and FOX from Indy would at least be in HD. Here's to hoping.

Evansville is still listed for T13 on 77W. The QC are listed on 77W T6, but I only see SDs in the table for Paducah on T18 and T24. It would be interesting to know why they haven't made them available. Both Evansville and Paducah were first announced last fall and The QC a couple years or so ago and then again last fall.

I'm hoping they move them to E14 as spotbeam B14 is perfect for the area.

Same here! I thought someone had posted a couple of months ago that Shreveport was uplinked? Or maybe it was on a graphic on Charlie Chat? I wonder what happened???:mad:

Charlie Chat mentioned them. They can't be uplinked yet as E14 just made it to 119...ahead of schedule actually.

The following Local Cities are scheduled to launch in June on DISH Network. While they are scheduled to launch we know that anything can happen so that means any cities on the list are looking good to launch but not 100% guaranteed.

· Salisbury - MD

Finally! I have been waiting on this for a while. I did have the opportunity to speak with the general manager for our local cbs station this weekend and he had no knowledge of this happening. So maybe it wont be June 3rd, but at least we know it will be happening SOON

Rochester, MN HD Locals

I thought that the HD channels were going to become active this June in Rochester, MN. Anybody know anything about the status in my area? Thanks

I thought that the HD channels were going to become active this June in Rochester, MN. Anybody know anything about the status in my area? Thanks

Different subject....that is contingent on E14 being moved to 119 West (replacing E7) and working there. This thread is in regards to Dish adding the rest of the DMA"s they dont have yet in SD

Is it possible that Dish or even Direct are now playing with the same rules as the cable companies have been for as long as I can remember?

I am in the far NW reaches of the NYC DMA. Cable gives us all the NYC channels (and of course NYC has all the nets). Cable also gives us a few channels from neighboring DMA's (Scranton and Binghamton) even though we all ready get those networks.

The big thing is when it comes to news and weather, Scranton and Binghamton channels talk more about my area than the NYC channels do. And why not? Those localities are actually closer.

I can get some Scranton channels OTA but Binghamton is blocked by a huge mountain. The DMA boundary lines are less than 20 miles from me.

To me a fair deal would mean borderline counties should be able to get stations from more than one DMA. BTW, thats exactually what the cable company can do here. Cable would still be one up as they also carry many digital subs.

I am in the far NW reaches of the NYC DMA. Cable gives us all the NYC channels (and of course NYC has all the nets). Cable also gives us a few channels from neighboring DMA's (Scranton and Binghamton) even though we all ready get those networks.

To me a fair deal would mean borderline counties should be able to get stations from more than one DMA. BTW, thats exactually what the cable company can do here. Cable would still be one up as they also carry many digital subs.

I'm in a similar position. I'm 20 miles from Binghamton and even closer to the PA state line. My cable company gives me Binghamton and Scranton channels, but the FCC significantly viewed list includes Syracuse but not Scranton. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.