Dish Location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mocheesehead

Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
Maryville, MO
Hello All!

New member and Dish Network customer. I am getting installed this Tuesday...I think a 1000.2 (not quite sure what this is!) and am wondering where the dish will go. I am currently a DTv subscriber and the dish is located on the side wall of our house pointing south...ish. Can I ask the installer to put in on our roof (we have a single story ranch...not very high) or will he want to keep it where the DTv dish is?

Also, will the installer use the coax cable in the house that I am currently using for DTv? I think it is the "good stuff"!

Thanks for any advice. I have already learned a bunch from reading the forum!

Pat

Pat there is no way to answer your question we can't see where the current dish is located, where the new dish will need to point and where potential ground locations are. Ask the installer when he gets there.

if it is a clean line of site, there is a ground there, ect.. they will probably prefer to just put it where the Direct dish is and use the same wire. But if you would rather it be put on the roof, tell them that. Its your house, as long as they can hit a rafter, and its not over a living space, they should have no problem putting it on the roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)