DISH lost over 318,000 subs first quarter of 2017

I remember buying gasoline for 15 cents per gallon.

Now you've done it! I remember that too, though whether that was regular or premium leaded gasoline, I don't recall. I also remember buying McDonald's hamburgers for 15c, and a cheeseburger for 18c. :D

Reactions: papachops
Now you've done it! I remember that too, though whether that was regular or premium leaded gasoline, I don't recall. I also remember buying McDonald's hamburgers for 15c, and a cheeseburger for 18c. :D

Yeah. After a football game, our coach would have the bus stop at Burger Chef. Hamburger was 15 cents, fries 15 cents, soda 15 cents, milk shake 15 cents. You could pig out on less than a dollar. Mid 60's.

Yeah. After a football game, our coach would have the bus stop at Burger Chef. Hamburger was 15 cents, fries 15 cents, soda 15 cents, milk shake 15 cents. You could pig out on less than a dollar. Mid 60's.
Back when the mighty dollar was actually the mighty dollar.

Reactions: TheKrell
The Dish everything pack was $69 when it first came out.

The Dish DVR fee was $5 per receiver but waived with the everything pack.

Being that I had 6 model 722's on my account it made sense to have the everything pack to save $30 in DVR fees while paying $35 more for all the movie packages.

I never wanted or cared for all the movie channels.

Considering they used to charge $5 for not having the receiver connected to the phone line, each additional 722 was only $7

Then some genius at Dish decided to simplify fees and combine the $5 no phone line, $5 DVR and $7 additional outlet to a flat $17 fee for each duo DVR receiver.

I had my receivers connected to the phone line and the everything pack to save $10 per additional receiver in their Bullsh!t fees.

When they did that, DISH was no longer a good value for me and a lot of other people.

I'm right there with you on the hopper. The funniest thing is my 16 year old son is laying in his bed watching Netflix on his small phone screen and right across from his bed ,not 5 ft away ,sets a 50"3D hdtv and he prefers the phone screen to the tv. When I was his age I had to buy myself a 19" color tv just to watch something different in my room than my dad. He has a Joey, PlayStation 4 ,gaming computer that costed about $900.00, a mini fridge full of water and diet sodas, and he doesn't even know how good he has it.

Indeed. Just take away all of that crap, hand him a ball, and tell him to go outside and play. :D

The Dish everything pack was $69 when it first came out.

The Dish DVR fee was $5 per receiver but waived with the everything pack.

Being that I had 6 model 722's on my account it made sense to have the everything pack to save $30 in DVR fees while paying $35 more for all the movie packages.

I never wanted or cared for all the movie channels.

Considering they used to charge $5 for not having the receiver connected to the phone line, each additional 722 was only $7

Then some genius at Dish decided to simplify fees and combine the $5 no phone line, $5 DVR and $7 additional outlet to a flat $17 fee for each duo DVR receiver.

I had my receivers connected to the phone line and the everything pack to save $10 per additional receiver in their Bullsh!t fees.

When they did that, DISH was no longer a good value for me and a lot of other people.

And eventually, the good bargain that the IP streaming services currently are, will end up like this too. In the end, they are all going to try to maximize profits until competition forces them not to, or competition ceases to exist and monopolies happen

Reactions: Tampa8
Indeed. Just take away all of that crap, hand him a ball, and tell him to go outside and play. :D
This generation is connected on the web. They do EVERYTHING over their phones and or the web. To take it away now at almost 17 , he would accuse me of child abuse and compared to others in his class, he would be right.

And eventually, the good bargain that the IP streaming services currently are, will end up like this too. In the end, they are all going to try to maximize profits until competition forces them not to, or competition ceases to exist and monopolies happen
Which is why I have consistently asked for discounts on my bill for the last 5 years. I want to maximize my savings and make my buck go further. After this 2 year promo ends , I will once again go back to asking for discounts again.

That's where we're headed. Oligopoly, more accurately.

My first TV experience was from a single broadcast station about 70 miles away, talk about a monopoly. Then our local town got a station, then three. Twenty years later, a cable TV system came to town, they had an exclusive deal. Then, satellite TV was available. Now, we have many choices of where to get our TV fix from.

I don't know what the future will bring, but I'm pretty sure we'll never return to the single station, single choice I had as a youth nor the single cable company option I had as a young adult.

The sky is not falling...............yet.

You are correct, sooner or later they will go up but so will cable/sat tv, but until they do go so far up, I am going to enjoy the ride, I love paying Vue $35 a month and no other fees.

I find that programming packages are pretty well priced between Dish, DirecTV and Comcast ( when packaged with Broadband) it just all those fees, locals, rsn, dvr, each box, it makes the bill another $40-50 higher a month.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

And then tack on the extra receiver and DVR fees.

Now you have hit the reason why I will stay with my 211Ks and not migrate to the Hopper.

Forcing me into the Hopper would be the only reason I would consider dropping Dish. $30+ in FEES, before even getting to the programming package is too rich for my blood.

Sent from my iPod touch using the SatelliteGuys app!

Now you have hit the reason why I will stay with my 211Ks and not migrate to the Hopper.

Forcing me into the Hopper would be the only reason I would consider dropping Dish. $30+ in FEES, before even getting to the programming package is too rich for my blood.

Sent from my iPod touch using the SatelliteGuys app!

You could trade up to Wally's. No fees just like the 211k's but with the Hopper UI

Reactions: dishdude
As long as there are two options and Dish isn't forcing people to upgrade I will never understand why some feel they should get something better for free. I have always been the type that's willing to pay extra for extra features.

I can understand being upset over being forced to upgrade to newer equipment and paying higher fees though. That's not really a smart business move in my opinion. As long as there is a cheaper option available to customers then I will always expect there to be a more expensive upgrade available as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)