DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

A last ditch desperation move I'm sure....
It doesn't strike me as "last ditch" or "desperate". It strikes me as a fairly common legal maneuver that is often done in these situations.
Personally, I find Dish' claims that Softbank's acquisition of Sprint threatens national security to smack of desperation.

Here is a portion from Forbes about this...The spat between Dish and Sprint involves a third company, the aforementioned SoftBank. SoftBank, led by billionaire Masayoshi Son, wants to purchase Sprint for $21.6 billion. SoftBank needed to increase its offer after Dish launched a competing $25.5 billion bid that Sprint eventually characterized as not “actionable.” Sprint gave Dish until today to make its final–and better–offer.So, to sum up, the billionaire-led feeding frenzy leaves us with this situation: Dish wants Clearwire and Sprint. SoftBank wants Sprint. Sprint wants Clearwire. Head hurt, yet? Yes it does give us al a headache :D :)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambr...o-stop-dishs-clearwire-deal/?partner=yahootix

i think i got a solution to Dish and Softbank's problem on the whole bidding war over Sprint and Clearwire, and that is Softbank needs to Buy Dish, Sprint and Clearwire all together. that way Dish gets to get in the Cell phone game while Softbank also get's it way. if you can't beat them, join them.

i think i got a solution to Dish and Softbank's problem on the whole bidding war over Sprint and Clearwire, and that is Softbank needs to Buy Dish, Sprint and Clearwire all together. that way Dish gets to get in the Cell phone game while Softbank also get's it way. if you can't beat them, join them.
Or, SB simply drops the Sprint bid like a rock, and buys TMo.

If SB drops Sprint, does this help Dish with Sprint? The waters have been muddied amongst the two, or will Sprint's giants get the can and it won't matter?
It doesn't strike me as "last ditch" or "desperate". It strikes me as a fairly common legal maneuver that is often done in these situations.
Personally, I find Dish' claims that Softbank's acquisition of Sprint threatens national security to smack of desperation.
Pathetic desperation. What's the worry... that the Chinese will also be recording all of our conversations, alongside the US Government?

If SB drops Sprint, does this help Dish with Sprint? The waters have been muddied amongst the two, or will Sprint's giants get the can and it won't matter?Pathetic desperation. What's the worry... that the Chinese will also be recording all of our conversations, alongside the US Government?
Softbank is Japanese, not Chinese.

Can a foreign entity like Softbank own a company like DISH with it's broadcast licenses.

Or, SB simply drops the Sprint bid like a rock, and buys TMo.

If SB drops Sprint, does this help Dish with Sprint? The waters have been muddied amongst the two, or will Sprint's giants get the can and it won't matter?......

If SB drops its bid, do they owe a breakup fee to Sprint?

Could it all start over again, with Dish putting in a lower offer for Sprint, as there are no other suitors?

If neither company buys Sprint, and the stock price falls, arguably due to bad decisions by the Sprint Board and Management, how likely is it that more lawsuits will fly, by shareholders against the Board and Management?

If everything fails for Dish in trying to buy Sprint and Clearwire, anyone think Charlie has the T-Mobile bid papers ready to go? :D

DISH has just given up on Sprint.

“While DISH continues to see strategic value in a merger with Sprint, the decisions made by Sprint to prematurely terminate our due diligence process and accept extreme deal protections in its revised agreement with SoftBank, among other things, have made it impracticable for DISH to submit a revised offer by the June 18th deadline imposed by Sprint. We will consider our options with respect to Sprint, and focus our efforts and resources on completing the Clearwire tender offer.”

If neither company buys Sprint, and the stock price falls, arguably due to bad decisions by the Sprint Board and Management, how likely is it that more lawsuits will fly, by shareholders against the Board....
The board isn't obligated to sell the company. If they choose not to, they will have valid reasons that are in the best interest of the company.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The board isn't obligated to sell the company. If they choose not to, they will have valid reasons that are in the best interest of the company.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And if shareholders bring a lawsuit they will have to show how the board's actions were not in the best interests of the company.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That is what I said from the start. Look at the way past partnerships and acquisitions that DISH has had have went and why would Sprint want anything to do with DISH in the first place?

Well since you're stressing the negatives how about sling? How about the acquisition of so much valuable wireless spectrum for pennies on the dollar?

I'd say Dish's track record is mixed rather than all bad. But regardless, none of that allows for a good prediction on how any Sprint merger would have shaken out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts