DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

Dish has hit 14 million customers several times. Its competition is almost 21 million! So whos fault is that? the internet? So what was Dishes Excuse 5 years ago when it was still pitter pattering around 14 million subscribers. I know Plenty of people who have cable/Verizon for internet and Directv for TV service. So I don't want to hear Dish has it ruff because they don't own a cell phone company. Now they are going to try and buy a cell company that in worse shape then DISH. Yea you'll all be reading that Charlie sold out to ATT which would be the smartest thing for him to do.

just keep it on topic and don't steer the thread into another directv vs dish. let's move on. thanks.....
Actually DTRO77 makes a very valid point.
If Dish were at 21M subs, would they be so desperately looking for a mobile carrier?

If Dish were at 21M subs, would they be so desperately looking for a mobile carrier?

that's fine, i'm just trying to avoid making this into another D vs E thread. nothing else needs to be said about it so let's move on. thank you.....

If they wanted more growth, they would be looking for mobile.

If Dish/DIRECTV merged, it would take a couple of years to digest and then they would be back at the same point where they are just not growing fast because the market is saturated and starting to decline as people cut the cord.

As I mentioned cable tv is in a better position since they can charge for internet, and quite frankly in most markets they are essentially a monopoly at this time in high speed internet, that is where they are growing. Dish wants to use their new spectrum to offer LTE internet.

Has there been any indication that AT&T is interested in Dish? Especially, would they be interested in satellite video delivery? How happy are they with Uverse sales?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

i think this proves that Dish should stick to TV and internet. the only way Dish now can enter the cell phone market is to just buy a bunch of Regional cell Phone companies and merge them all together to form a new national company. MetroPCS would most likely end up a future target for Dish to buy out in the near future. Metro and the regional cell phone companies are gonna be the new goal as Dish has given up on Clearwire and Sprint.

i think this proves that Dish should stick to TV and internet. the only way Dish now can enter the cell phone market is to just buy a bunch of Regional cell Phone companies and merge them all together to form a new national company. MetroPCS would most likely end up a future target for Dish to buy out in the near future. Metro and the regional cell phone companies are gonna be the new goal as Dish has given up on Clearwire and Sprint.

Too late, MetroPCS merged with T-Moble.

If anything he should buy AT&T and improve their customer service because it's so horrible IMO. Look what happened when AT&T bought Cingular? Signal went from great to horrible. Customer service went from great to horrible.

I thought Cingular bought AT&T and later assumed the name.

Ah, yes. But wasn't that preceded by some other maneuverings? I vaguely recall thinking Cingular got one over AT&T and when AT&T came out on top, turnabout was fair play.

Not sure of all the details without a web search but,I do recall ATT getting Cingular way before they took over bellsouth.

Look what happened when AT&T bought Cingular? Signal went from great to horrible.

If you're speaking for yourself, I obviously couldn't say. My cell service with AT&T is FAR better now than when it was Cingular. I can drive from Ct to FL and never lose the signal. Beyond that AT&T has done a very good job with speed for data, while Cingular was always behind Verizon. Also At&t while always better than Sprint where I live (Ct and Fl) is now WAY better. From being a long time reader of Howard Forums I would say most would not agree Cingular had better coverage/signal than AT&T does now.

My cell service with AT&T is FAR better now than when it was Cingular.

I agree, my ATT cell service is far superior to the service I received when I had Cingular.
Ditto. I found coverage to improve greatly after Cingular changed to ATT (the second time.)
However, I have Verizon now, and find it a little better than ATT was at the time I left in late '11.

Cingular was owned in part by AT&T and bell south. AT&T bought out bell south and thus everything became AT&T.

Having worked for Cingular during that time, it went down like this:
Cingular was owned 60 percent by what was then SBC and 40 percent Bellsouth.
AT&T wireless was a spinoff of what was then AT&T, but was no longer owned by AT&T. It was a stand alone company.
AT&T wireless was bought completely by Cingular Wireless and then changed AT&T wireless to the Cingular name.
SBC later bought AT&T, the long distance company, and then changed its name to AT&T. Then AT&T (formerly SBC) bought Bellsouth.
Now AT&T (formerly SBC), who now owns Bellsouth, became the sole owner of Cingular and then changed the name of Cingular to AT&T.
Complicated? Yup. :p

Haha.

Having worked for Cingular during that time, it went down like this:
Cingular was owned 60 percent by what was then SBC and 40 percent Bellsouth.
AT&T wireless was a spinoff of what was then AT&T, but was no longer owned by AT&T. It was a stand alone company.
AT&T wireless was bought completely by Cingular Wireless and then changed AT&T wireless to the Cingular name.
SBC later bought AT&T, the long distance company, and then changed its name to AT&T. Then AT&T (formerly SBC) bought Bellsouth.
Now AT&T (formerly SBC), who now owns Bellsouth, became the sole owner of Cingular and then changed the name of Cingular to AT&T.
Complicated? Yup. :p

Haha.

:what :wacko: Got it. Sorta. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)