DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

I think some are anticipating the death of cable/sat a bit prematurely. Both Sat companies are making plenty of money and have stable sub numbers. Broadcasters are still working keeping the Cable/Sat companies alive with things like HBO GO, NBC Live Extra, services that require sat/cable subscriptions to be used. There are changes coming, but there always are.

Right now the question is how does Ergen exploit the significant amount of bandwidth he has. Can he use it to expand Dish or does he sell it or does he go and kick dtro77's dog?
No I don't hate Dish. I hate the people who are in charge of it! I would rather see Dish get bought out, then see Charlie in charge of anything. As you can see many investors and companies agree. They hate Charlie!
What, Charlie kick your dog or something?

Maybe I am not looking at this real close, but in reading some posts about no one really watching tv the traditional way, I agree the tablet/IPad are ways now to get your entertainment fix But when the big movie or big game is on are all the family members going to gather around the Tablet?

Maybe I am not looking at this real close, but in reading some posts about no one really watching tv the traditional way, I agree the tablet/IPad are ways now to get your entertainment fix But when the big movie or big game is on are all the family members going to gather around the Tablet?

no,they'll each have their own tablet.

Did you not read the financial report link! Charlie is not in that good of shape if he needs a merger.
He needs a merger so he doesn't have to spend billions and billions to develop cell phone infrastructure.

You'll also note the quote you offered noted "boosting" Dish's revenue growth, indicating there will be growth without a merger.

He needs a merger so he doesn't have to spend billions and billions to develop cell phone infrastructure.

You'll also note the quote you offered noted "boosting" Dish's revenue growth, indicating there will be growth without a merger.
you read that how every you want LOL!

That ship has sailed!

I did not mean by buying them, I meant by using space on their towers with an agreement. I believe there was a mention of that if Dish did not end up with Sprint. For all we know they could have had some negotiations already which could have led Charlie to end his bidding.

"Ergen has said he’s willing to spend billions to enter the mobile-phone industry as a way to boost Dish’s revenue growth, which is projected to lag behind that of 89 percent of peers through 2015",

That is because subscription TV revenues are not growing fast, the market is saturated and perhaps even in decline as cord cutters appear. Dish and Echostar generate a lot of cash flow.

Dish seems to be the only one with this issue.

Hardly just Dish losing video subscribers http://electronics360.globalspec.co...ers-but-gain-internet-and-telephony-customers

Cable companies can sell internet, Dish/DIRECTV do not have that luxury (satellite internet is not going to grow big). That is why Dish is trying to move into the cellular world.

With the decline in television subscribers, U.S. cable TV providers lost 1.7 percentage points of their pay-TV market share to IPTV in 2012. Cable TV operators in 2012 held a 56 percent share of the U.S. pay-TV market, down from nearly 58 percent in 2011. Meanwhile, IPTV’s share increased to 10 percent, up from nearly 9 percent in 2011.

Cable’s penetration of U.S. television households was 47.9 percent at the end of 2012, down from 49.6 percent a year earlier.

Hardly just Dish losing video subscribers http://electronics360.globalspec.co...ers-but-gain-internet-and-telephony-customers

Cable companies can sell internet, Dish/DIRECTV do not have that luxury (satellite internet is not going to grow big). That is why Dish is trying to move into the cellular world.
Directv is having no trouble gaining customers and they are video only. Dish can buy T mobile all he wants, but T mobile Also lost over a Million customers last year. You think Dish will bring that number back up , Yea I'll hold my breath!:coffee

Directv is having no trouble gaining customers and they are video only. Dish can buy T mobile all he wants, but T mobile Also lost over a Million customers last year. You think Dish will bring that number back up , Yea I'll hold my breath!:coffee

DIRECTV is adding customers outside the US. In the US they added 21000 last quarter, hardly a number to cheer about, Dish added 36,000 for the same period. If you have 20 million/14 million subs adding a few thousand is not much revenue growth...

DIRECTV is adding customers outside the US. In the US they added 21000 last quarter, hardly a number to cheer about, Dish added 36,000 for the same period. If you have 20 million/14 million subs adding a few thousand is not much revenue growth...
Dish has hit 14 million customers several times. Its competition is almost 21 million! So whos fault is that? the internet? So what was Dishes Excuse 5 years ago when it was still pitter pattering around 14 million subscribers. I know Plenty of people who have cable/Verizon for internet and Directv for TV service. So I don't want to hear Dish has it ruff because they don't own a cell phone company. Now they are going to try and buy a cell company that in worse shape then DISH. Yea you'll all be reading that Charlie sold out to ATT which would be the smartest thing for him to do.

Well its not about Sprint or ClearWire. Its about Dish, T-Mobile, Directv and ATT since that what the new plan is in the works.

just keep it on topic and don't steer the thread into another directv vs dish. let's move on. thanks.....