DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

The only issue I see with this is it looks like DISH is offering a lot of money... but does DISH have money after the purchase

DISH has a LOT of debt. The combined debt of both (S and DISH) as of 12/13/12 was nearly 36 billion, this does not include the additional $9 billion that DISH will finance to put the merger together.
Sprint Corporation's debt is already rated at junk level, and DISH is at Ba2 according to Moody's which is just above junk grade. It kind of sounds like a risky proposal for DISH.

Home today and Interesting to see news spots on this on the local news, don't hear about Dish on the local news

I wonder if all the MVNO's on sprint are worried today? If dish gets this deal I wonder if they would not renew contacts which would be the death of low priced prepaid service.

Wonder what Mike White is thinking....

Last edited:
How would Fox avoid the Dish logo with NASCAR if this happened? :D

Funny...that was one of my first thoughts when I read about this on Jayski earlier! :D

Of course...the filpside to consider is whether Dish would support the title sponsorship moving forward.

This deal surprised me, Charlie must really want Clearwire, he could not get it away from Sprint, so now he is trying to buy Sprint. Clearwire is the real prize. Clearwire has the spectrum that would allow Charlie to do OTA streaming TV.

Can u imagine a Hopper cell phone model from HTC or Samsung if that deal went thru :eek::eek:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This deal surprised me, Charlie must really want Clearwire, he could not get it away from Sprint, so now he is trying to buy Sprint. Clearwire is the real prize. Clearwire has the spectrum that would allow Charlie to do OTA streaming TV.

Charlie wanted Sprint the entire time... I have been saying this for almost 2 years now.

The only thing that surprises me is how long it took to get to this point.

Charlie says that the Sprint/Clearwire/Dish deal would be a "superhighway" with Dish/Sprint at 230 MHz of bandwidth, AT&T at 106 MHz and Verizon at 107 MHz of bandwidth.
g101092bii012.gif

Charlie has said that Seinfield saying to me many times over the past few years. And I got to admit it that I believe him.

Well, good luck to them.
It won't help me here. I live in a suburb of a mid sized city where Sprint simply does not work.
My neighbor works for Sprint. His work phone does not receive signal at his home. He has a air rave in his home.
I had several Clear installs go unfinished because of the lack of coverage.
My co worker has Sprint. His phone drops signal constantly. He can't drive from here to there without having multiple signal losses.

Well, good luck to them.
It won't help me here. I live in a suburb of a mid sized city where Sprint simply does not work.
My neighbor works for Sprint. His work phone does not receive signal at his home. He has a air rave in his home.
I had several Clear installs go unfinished because of the lack of coverage.
My co worker has Sprint. His phone drops signal constantly. He can't drive from here to there without having multiple signal losses.

Yeah, but look at that graph in post #49. DISH would potentially be bringing a lot of new towers to the party.

Could DishSprint come out with a usable Satellite phone or am I way off base.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)