DISH March Madness

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
March Madness is upon us, and DISH is giving you the best ways to follow the tournament. In addition to being able to tune in anywhere you go with the DISH Anywhere app and watching four games at once with Multi-View, DISH customers can catch up to 13 tournament games in 4K!

Rated above regular HD, 4K content delivers crystal-clear resolution with four times the pixels. Not only are pictures sharper, you can see even more detail and texture than ever before. Meaning, you’ll have a front-row seat to the tournament from the comfort of your living room.

Thirteen March Madness games will be delivered in 4K from the First Four though the Elite Eight. To watch, Hopper 3 customers can tune into DISH channel 540*.

Date Time** Teams
FIRST FOUR

March 19 6:40 p.m. F. Dickinson vs. Prairie View
March 19 At the conclusion of Game 1 Belmont vs. Temple
March 20 6:40 p.m. N. Dakota St. vs. NC Central
March 20 At the conclusion of Game 3 Arizona St. vs. St. John’s

Follow @DISHNews to stay up to date on DISH’s latest 4K offerings.

*This story is updated to reflect the upcoming NCAA tournament games in 4K. **All times in Eastern Standard Time

March Madness is upon us, and DISH is giving you the best ways to follow the tournament. In addition to being able to tune in anywhere you go with the DISH Anywhere app and watching four games at once with Multi-View, DISH customers can catch up to 13 tournament games in 4K!

Rated above regular HD, 4K content delivers crystal-clear resolution with four times the pixels. Not only are pictures sharper, you can see even more detail and texture than ever before. Meaning, you’ll have a front-row seat to the tournament from the comfort of your living room.

Thirteen March Madness games will be delivered in 4K from the First Four though the Elite Eight. To watch, Hopper 3 customers can tune into DISH channel 540*.

Date Time** Teams
FIRST FOUR

*This story is updated to reflect the upcoming NCAA tournament games in 4K. **All times in Eastern Standard Time

Is there a minimum package cut-off Scott?

Date Time** Teams
FIRST FOUR

Is there a minimum package cut-off Scott?

And let me guess, not available for the 4K Joey?

Edit: Ooooo, promising; on my 4K Joey I see 540-03 (4K2) has NCAA Tip-Off at 6:00 pm EDT, followed by NCAA: NCCU vs N Dakota St at 6:30 pm EDT!
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 01.57.54 .png

Last edited:
Yep, they had both an HDR version and a non-HDR version last night. Interesting though, the audio for the in-studio portion (between the games, not sure about before the games as I didn't catch that) had audio that was only coming out of my rear left speaker in my 5.1 setup. AV receiver showed all speakers were receiving signal but nothing was coming out of them. When the game started the audio was correct again.

My sound was crazy...mostly Left rear...Also not true 4K, Upconverted!
Yeah the sound for the broadcast was coming from my left rear, commercials would vary from correct to only left rear.

How do you know it was upconverted and not 4K for the game? Not saying you are wrong just wondering why you think it was upconverted? I compared to the signal on TruTV and the PQ on 540 seemed to be much better.

Reactions: Cheddar_Head
48018aa7b93ccefca39f3f753dd70135.jpg
When I use multi-view, the picture is so dark that it is almost unwatchable. The photo makes the picture look much lighter than it actually is. The regular channels are normal looking when I go to each of the 4. Anyone else have this issue?

48018aa7b93ccefca39f3f753dd70135.jpg
When I use multi-view, the picture is so dark that it is almost unwatchable. The photo makes the picture look much lighter than it actually is. The regular channels are normal looking when I go to each of the 4. Anyone else have this issue?
Don't have that issue at all. What display are you using?

Don't have that issue at all. What display are you using?

It’s a Samsung 60” 8000 series. When I watched one of the play-in games on the 4k channel the other night, the picture was much darker than the HD channel the game was on too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts