DISH March Madness

How old is your Samsung 60 inch TV. It might be just a 1080p HDTV

I could watch 540-1 on my old Hitachi 57 inch RPCRT HDTV but the picture was dull and lacked contrast.

Enjoying the Hell out of my Hopper 3. Love multi view.
20190322_165727.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

How old is your Samsung 60 inch TV. It might be just a 1080p HDTV

I could watch 540-1 on my old Hitachi 57 inch RPCRT HDTV but the picture was dull and lacked contrast.

It’s only a year old. Definitely a 4K HDR set. Just not sure why the picture brightness changes so much. I’ve watched 4K material off YouTube and Netflix through a Roku with no problem at all.

I'm watching through a Hopper 3 on channel 540-03 connected to a 75" Sony x900e and noticed that the picture has always been weird (very cool, grayish, flat, etc) when watching 4k on this channel. I did some tinkering with the settings and noticed that if I changed the "Color Space" setting on the TV from "Auto" to "BT.2020" the color is perfect and showing as it should be as compared to the regular HD version of the channel.

My question is...why would the Auto setting not be picking the correct color space and is anyone else having this issue?

I've had issues in the past where the TV would not switch into HDR mode right away, but that was resolved by switching channels back and forth when they were showing the World Cup in 4k HDR.

Reactions: Canesman and LQQK
I noticed the same thing on my Sony 4K with the grey tint. I would just switch the to live Football mode while watching 4K but it still looked odd and over-saturated.

Thanks for the tip. I will try it out to see if it resolves that issue for me too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)