Dish may drop E! and Style

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Sorry if this has been posted (I couldn't find it)... I was just informed that Dish may drop E! and Style on 1/1/11. E! HD was pretty much one of the two channels (the other being BBC America HD) that made me switch to Dish...

How likely do you guys think this is going to happen?

Sorry if this has been posted (I couldn't find it)... I was just informed that Dish may drop E! and Style on 1/1/11. E! HD was pretty much one of the two channels (the other being BBC America HD) that made me switch to Dish...

You know, I was thinking that Dish would really have to f**k up big time for me to drop them (I'm out of contract) and go with just FIOS. Verizon has been so slow to add meaningful HD that I figured hell would freeze over before Dish would become superfluous to me.

If this comes to pass (and I realize it's just a rumor) then they'll be needing snowthrowers in the Underworld.

Last edited:

Who informed you? Are you just trolling or do you have a source.

Those are Comcast owned. They will probably get dropped on E* and D* considering the way Comcast has been playing hardball. It's only going to get worse once the NBC merger is official.

Well let's see - CSNCA was ALREADY dropped sometime ago...so I wouldn't be surprised they would be the next shoe to drop.
AND, if it does happen, better add G4 to your list as well. (DirecTV already dropped it a month or 2 ago)
The next question is - what about the rest of the CSN's? DISH already had their go-round with the FOX RSN's, so I guess it would be the CSN's turn.

The voice over guy sound like it's America's Most Wanted! They can both be flushed permanently AFAIC. Still suspicious that this is the first we have heard. Me thinks They are trying to play what they think is a trump card...but it's just an out of suit deuce.

Last edited:
Whoever said G4 was likely mistaken. It would have been on that fansfightback website along with the two other channels. Plus Dish owns a stake in G4 so I don't see how that would happen. It's probably why it isn't part of the dispute.

I'll miss The Soup, Red Carpets (if it lasts that long), new Kardashian season and the occasional Chelsea Lately interview (though easily findable online).

If comcast wants NBC they can not afford any programming dispute at this time.

Dish dispute on csnca is their fault and maybe forced to bring that channel back.

Dish asked for arbitration on what it should pay for csnca and lost. The courts will force dish to live up to it's agreement.

My wife and daughter just saw the "Fight Back Fans" ads on E. Needless to say, in this household, that channel will be missed. Hope it isn't a long messy one.

i bet we will lose them for a good long time, since after all Charile's cheap and Comcast seems to love making there owned channels exclusive to Comcast. this is gonna be worse when the Merger is compete, the Govenment needs to step in on the retransmission issues plaguing paid TV today.

i hope Dish and Comcast makes a last minute deal before Midnight, New Years Eve night, if not, then we need to see Charlie on a Loop saying "Comcast hates Satellite TV and doesn't like there channels carried on Dish or our Rival DirecTV. we had issues with them in the past over Versus, and RSNs owned by Comcast. and recently our rival is having issues with Comcast as they drop G4 from there lineup".

if 2010 was bad for carriage of paid TV channels, 2011 will be worse unless Congress/Senate/FCC steps in and stops this issue right on it's tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)