Dish may lose my local NBC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is on WRCB's website. Looks like they are owned by Sarkes Tarzian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarkes_TarzianATTENTION DISH SUBSCRIBERS
WRCB and DISH NETWORK are negotiating to provide for continued carriage of WRCB on DISH. Unfortunately, we have not yet reached an agreement. We remain hopeful that we will reach an accord soon; but we must notify you that DISH may soon stop carrying WRCB programming until we have a new agreement. As a result, you may want to make plans to contact an alternative service provider or attach a VHF/UHF antenna to your digital sets or to a converter box for your analog sets in order to continue to receive your favorite news, sports, weather and entertainment from WRCB and NBC.
ACTION STEP
Call DISH NETWORK at 1-800-333-3474 AND TELL THEM TO KEEP WRCB AND NBC ON THEIR SYSTEM.
ALTERNATIVE RECEPTION METHODS
1. FREE OVER-THE-AIR RECEPTION: Most local locations can receive WRCB's free over-the-air signal. You will need a VHF/UHF antenna hooked up to your digital television set. If you have an older, analog television set, you will need to hook a VHF/UHF antenna to a digital-to-analog converter box and then connect the converter box to your analog television set. You will need to rescan the channel settings to receive all of the available channels in your area.
2. SATELLITE RECEPTION: WRCB's signal is available on DIRECTV. New customers may call them directly at 1-888-777-2454.
3. CABLE TELEVISION: WRCB's signal is available on the following cable systems:
AT&T
Ben Lomand Telephone Company
Bledsoe Telephone Cooperative
Charter Cable
Comcast Cable
Dalton Utilities
Electric Power Board of Chattanooga (EPB)
Ellijay Telephone Company (ETC Cable)
Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative (FTC)
Fidelity Cablevision
Scottsboro Electric Power Board
Spring City Cable TV
Trinity Communications
Windstream
Zito Media
HISTORY OF BROADCASTER/CABLE/SATELLITE NEGOTIATIONS
Before 1992, cable companies picked up the signals of local television stations without the stations' consent and retransmitted them to their paying subscribers for profit. By adopting the 1992 Cable Act, Congress created a process which allows broadcasters to negotiate for fair compensation in return for cable operators' distribution of a station's local as well as network broadcast signals – the retransmission consent process. Congress stressed that it did not want to dictate the outcome of marketplace negotiations between broadcasters and cable operators; the process simply provides stations with the opportunity to negotiate with the pay service providers. This same process was subsequently extended to satellite distribution of local television signals.
In recent years, the FCC has reviewed the retransmission consent process and recommended to Congress that no changes should be made to this system. The FCC found that retransmission consent has benefited broadcasters, cable, satellite operators and, most importantly, viewers.
Over the years, many thousands of retransmission consent agreements have been successfully negotiated between local television stations and cable and satellite companies, nearly all without any disruption in service. Simply put, the process is working as Congress intended.
To be able to continue to provide the entertainment programming you like and the news, weather and information programming you need, it is imperative that that we receive a fair payment for our programming from cable and satellite providers. In recent years, there have been some highly publicized disputes and service disruptions in some areas. We assure you that we are committed to working with the pay service providers so you can continue to receive WRCB's programming.

DISH Network is currently in contract negotiations with Sarkes Tarzian, the owner of your local (Chattanooga NBC or Reno CBS) station. Sarkes Tarzian is demanding an outrageous rate increase of 335% for this channel.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We’ve successfully negotiated thousands of contracts with local broadcast stations and we continue to work to reach a resolution with Sarkes.

If it helps, locals disputes are usually resolved, but you very well might lose it for awhile.

I can watch it KTVN (Reno CBS) OTA, but there's no guide data because dish is running the nag loop. I wish they'd at least publish that info so I can record my shows by name. I'm going to have to figure out old school manual timers now.

We are facing the same thing here with our Fox affiliate which is owned by Max Media. Max Media is asking for a 270% increase for our FOX 23. If Dish just paid every programmer
what they asked, no one could afford to watch tv. Its very unfair for these local networks who are protected by laws from any competition to pull this crap. I wish Scott would use this board to rally subcribers to call and write their elected officials. The local tv networks which are owned by big out of state companies are a monopoly and are using extortion to screw the consumer.

funny thing is you can locals free with a ota so what leverage do these company have? Greed will kill this country soon enough
you can get locals because you are close enough. The DMA is larger than your house.. :)

then there's people in other boats... like for me.. my Fox, ABC, and CBS come off the same tower, NBC is 10 to 20 degrees off from that ... and unless I want to re-aim my OTA Antenna any time I want to record NBC I'm TSOL and of course you can't re-aim your Antenna if you're not there.. so again I'd be TSOL if it weren't for NBC local being on the dish.. I'm 60 to 70 miles from the broadcast tower and get 70's without amplification medium 80's with amp... still no NBC.

Well I came home from work today and my NBC is gone. I can still pick up the channel OTA, but Dish took away my guide data also. I guess I'll be setting manual timers until this thing gets worked out. :(
Dish didn't take anything away. The station said no carriage no data. Until they get a contract it will be manual timers.