external harddrive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sundy58

Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I have tried many times to delete individual shows from my external harddrive.

1. I transfer one show to the harddrive to test the connection

2. then I try to delete a show and it says it is deleting but the show remains on the harddrive.

I have quite a few shows I want to keep.

How can I delete shows without formatting the harddrive?

What receiver and firmware are you running? (I don't have this problem on my 722 nor on my 612.)

dwarren2 said:
After you finish watching a program, click done, then go back and try to delete the program.

Yes, while it is still in the restored state, after watching it delete it wjile it is still on the internal hd.

Yes, while it is still in the restored state, after watching it delete it wjile it is still on the internal hd.

You don't have to restore a program from the ehd to the internal drive to delete it. After you finish watching it on the ehd, select Done, then go back and highlight the program and select Delete.

Sure would be nice to have a delete button after you finish showing the EHD show.
Otherwise you have to go back to the main list, select it again, and then delete.
On a near-full 2TB this takes a long time, not just twice as long as a 1TB or even a 1.5TB.
It seems to reload the whole list of shows before it will move on to next button.
Unless I'm coming back to the list for a delete or the next show, I use the view button to get back to the internal drive.
So if I am going through a series, I'll wait to delete the show until I'm ready to see the next show. Drat it.
-Ken

dwarren2 said:
You don't have to restore a program from the ehd to the internal drive to delete it. After you finish watching it on the ehd, select Done, then go back and highlight the program and select Delete.

Supposedly not if all is well... But if this is an external hd problem, the user might be more successful in deleting item while it's on dvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts