Dish may lose my local NBC?

you can get locals because you are close enough. The DMA is larger than your house.. :)

then there's people in other boats... like for me.. my Fox, ABC, and CBS come off the same tower, NBC is 10 to 20 degrees off from that ... and unless I want to re-aim my OTA Antenna any time I want to record NBC I'm TSOL and of course you can't re-aim your Antenna if you're not there.. so again I'd be TSOL if it weren't for NBC local being on the dish.. I'm 60 to 70 miles from the broadcast tower and get 70's without amplification medium 80's with amp... still no NBC.
So you are saying the beamwidth of your antennae will not accept a 20 degree wide spread. Then it's time to get a combiner and put up 2. One for the most and one for just the NBC. Then you run them into a channel specfic combiner.

So you are saying the beamwidth of your antennae will not accept a 20 degree wide spread. Then it's time to get a combiner and put up 2. One for the most and one for just the NBC. Then you run them into a channel specfic combiner.
I know... but its $$ I don't have to spare ... happy enough still since 99% of the stuff I watch is on the bigger 3 :) I didn't even know Chuck was starting its new season(?) I did know that Harry's Law was back but had my timer not fired for Chuck I'd never have known.. thankfully too its one of the timers higher up in importance so it would fire rather than something on USA or what have you at the same time.

Nothing really beats getting to add timers thanks to the OTA module though.. ;) now I just need to find time to watch them all.. :D

We are facing the same thing here with our Fox affiliate which is owned by Max Media. Max Media is asking for a 270% increase for our FOX 23. If Dish just paid every programmer
what they asked, no one could afford to watch tv. Its very unfair for these local networks who are protected by laws from any competition to pull this crap. I wish Scott would use this board to rally subcribers to call and write their elected officials. The local tv networks which are owned by big out of state companies are a monopoly and are using extortion to screw the consumer.

are you sure it isnt Fox who is asking that from MaxMedia? I know they have been doing that in some areas of the country this year
They just got the Fox affiliation 2 years ago when Equity Broadcasting went belly up in Early 09. MaxMedia owns all the Fox affiliates in Montana except for the one in Hardin (Fox 4) and are subchannels.

Hate to revive an old thread, but I think it's best that I should bring this up. I don't think it's completely the stations' owner's fault but rather NBC 's fault. Now that NBC is owned by Comcast, they want to get a piece of the pie when it comes to retransmission fees. You figure NBC is only getting $21 million from its stations and affiliates and I'm sure they like to add another "zero" to that number if you know what I mean.;) I don't know if they're going to be as aggressive as FOX, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more disputes with NBC affiliates coming up in the near future.
NBCUniversal's Steve Burke anticipates big bucks in retrans fees - latimes.com
Comcast boss Burke flip-flops on re-tran fees - NYPOST.com
Broadcast networks to rake in retransmission fees, report says - The York Daily Record