Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!

The new DVR will might be called a MPEG4 942. Maybe they will just keep the same name but it will do MPEG4. Just a thought. What do you think scott?

Well, I decided to waste 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back and call Dish tech support. The first person I spoke with had no clue about the problems with Voom and the other HD channels. I was then transferred to advanced tech support who acknowledged a problem but could not give an ETA for a fix. She did however offer to credit me for 2 days of Voom at a whopping $0.32!!! WOW, I'll be able to get the wife something special now for Xmas. I just said I would be happy if their first level techs would be aware of the problem so we didn't have to waste time to get confirmation of this problem.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes Dish will have a HD DVR, but what it is might surprise you. :D

Welp...you already make it sound nice :D

I guess that begs the question, though: Will we have any stable HD channels that look like HD to record on one? !sadroll

If they decided to keep the number they could add another number to the end or a letter. Like when the 6000 came standard with an 8psk tuner it was called a 6000u

Last edited:
Drone35 said:
As of now I do not notice any freezing, pixlization or audio drop out on HDNET , HD NET movies or ESPN which are on the 110 bird!

HDNET/Movies was fixed between 11:30AM this morning and 7:00PM this evening - I can't tell you exactly when, but your post at 4:30pm probably narrows it down more.

Both channels were freezing at the same time on Transponder 7 if you watched it side by side.

Thus far, over 5 straight hours and not one glitch on HDNET Movies this evening.

BrettTRay said:
The new DVR will might be called a MPEG4 942. Maybe they will just keep the same name but it will do MPEG4. Just a thought. What do you think scott?

I do not think they will do this as it will cause confusion. They would more likely name it the 962 or something else to distinguish the difference in the receivers.

Well sence they got HD Net and HD Movies fixed, maybe they will get the Voom channels fixed! I will admit they do seem to be getting better! :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I keep hearing all these people abd sites talking about the 962 when there is no such thing. :)
Kind of funny.
Yes Dish will have a HD DVR, but what it is might surprise you. :D
We know all the suprises already - it was reports about spooling software for 962 and 2WIRE Media Portal a couple months ago. :rolleyes:
119W
PID: 08B1h, FW: ACE1, Model: DP962.
PID: 08E0h, FW: ABE1, Model: 2WIREMP.

Looking better Gary!
I would still use more rows and collums in your table

Make a collum for Channel Name, Sat location, and Bitrate

hdtvtechno said:
Maybe tommorrow ? :rolleyes:
I just cycled through each of the VOOM channels, and as of 3:30 PM Mountain on Sunday, all are still experiencing significant problems. I would watch one channel until the picture would break apart, then I would go to the next. With this approach, I saw each of the VOOM channels freeze and break apart within a 20 minute period! (FYI. My 6000u receiver had selected 61.5 for its source for all the VOOM channels, today--even though I also get 129. So signal strength at this end is not the problem.)

Gotcha BFG, that page gave me something to do this morning, tables inside tables, inside tables and columns :), boy that tested those HTML skills learned long ago ;)

the only channel I don't have on there is the CBS LA from 148, I qualify for HD locals like those(I live in instant qualifying rural area, yes I am that far out in the sticks :()

I have the CBS NY from 61.5, but I didn't know if I would be allowed access to the CBS LA from 148 also, got the 148 Dish up finally, but no CBS LA

Anyone know if I should be able to get both of those CBS HD channels ??

-Gary

President Of Dish Spoke The Truth

What is the cheapest alternative to get Voom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)