Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!

JohnH said:
It's very difficult to donate money to a user suported site which does not share all communications except those for administrative functions.
Valid point John and hopfully Scott will have a reasonable explaination after the Chat. It's not usually like this. I suspect he was told something under the condition of keeping off the list that he would never have been told otherwise - but that sort of thing can quickly turn into a tangled web.

hammerdown said:

I read it. And if his premise of one not being able to see a difference between a 1920 source vs a 1280 source on a common HDTV were actually true, he would have a point.

I can only surmise that Landis has not actually compared the two on a TV.

I have and I can do it at any time. As I have two pairs of sample recordings on my 942 in both 1920 and 1280, one pair of the same show from the VOOM Monsters channel and the other pair of the program from Equator. And my TV is a very common, "low tech" CRT RP with 7" CRTs. The difference is quite obvious.

Last edited:
Gary Murrell said:
when's a live HD broadcast going to be on Rush Ilya ??
on a separate note, everyone should pay the site some dough and checkout a bombshell on mpeg4 in the Pub area
-Gary
It was on at the time of my posting, but I should've posted earlier. The next live broadcast will be next Sunday at 3pm EST. If someone can report the bit-rate I would appreciate. I am just curious if they use a different bit-rate during live events.

JohnH said:
It's very difficult to donate money to a user suported site which does not share all communications except those for administrative functions.
Well, everyone knows what opinions are like. :D

The basic site runs on sponsorships, the extras run on subscriptions. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)