Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!

Gary Murrell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Prestonsburg, KY
As of right now Dish just flipped the switch and all voom are at 1280x1080i, gone is my beautiful Equator and MonstersHD

I posted a thread about this on the AVS:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=611874

hopefully this is a good sign and they are messing with some stuff, if they plan to put all Voom at 1280x1080i they can kiss this customer gone, I do not pay for HD and receive HD-Lite instead, MonstersHD was worth my 5$ alone

I will keep checking things tonight

-Gary

How many people here are willing to drop them right now because of this?

No problem

I will be dropping after we see whats up, this is unacceptable to me, I keep the 5$ voom pack for one true HDTV channel, MonstersHD

Ironically MonstersHD was the only thing keeping me with Dish HD, to C-band I go

-Gary

The thing that ticks me off here, is that in my mind they are doing this 1280 garbage for no reason. On DirecTV the are forced with their limited bandwidth but at Dish they are fine and we've pressed the issue into the ground about how they operate 3 HD channels at 1920 on 1 transponder at 110

Tonight is the time to email dish and let them know "Something is wrong with my VOOM channels. They don't look as good as they usually do"

DishQuality@echostar.com

I've used this address in the past, it goes directly to the uplink centers, and they take these messages seriously. They've always called me back within an hour whenever I've sent a complaint. I know this will not make them change the quality back, but it would be good for people to let them know that the quality difference is noticeable and undesirable. If enough complaints are sent they may get the message...

Hopefully this is not a permanent change.
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Sean has been hearing the possibility of this happening. I don't see the need to give it the night. The put on the change we hold until we see different :D

I do not see why they would test them in HD Lite if they dont plan on launching them in that format. Perhaps they are going to try this on all HD channels in the foreseeable future to fit in more content. Most that have their HD televisions would not know that it was not at it's full quality since they probably will not have seen HD content before.

True Star, but there is a huge difference between True HDTV and HD-Lite, I understand that you are syaing regular joes won't know, that is true

Directv is doing this and the true Home Theater freaks know how awful these HD-Lite channels look

This is a true shame, RIP MonstersHD, it was a fun ride :mad:

-Gary

BFG said:
How many people here are willing to drop them right now because of this?

I was showing off the HD on DishNet tonight and flipped to Equator and Ultra and I knew something was wrong...now I found this thread. I'll give 'em a month then I'm gone. I'll probably just drop DishNet as there's no point in paying $15 for just HDNet, HDNet Movies, TNT-HD, DiscoveryHD, and ESPN-every.once.in.a.while.HD.

Yep I am dumping Dish HD also(if this stays) the only HD channels(Save HDNet) that I want are up on C-Band 4DTV(I am a movie Buff and archive HD from HBO/Showtime)

More HD may come to 4DTV eventually

-Gary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)