Dish model 6000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes. I had to salvage the MT2 module out of my ViP722k and put it in a ViP222k for my dad to use. I also salvaged the working hard drive out of a failed Hopper Duo to install in the ViP722k (to replace its failing drive) so I got that part working again. Now I just need another MT2 module, and I will be back to having a fully-working ViP722k.

OK. I found a used one that looks like new. You can have it for shipping. PM me. :)

A model 6000 is the original HD receiver. I had one before it became an 811 and then a 722 and then a Hopper 2000 and then a Hopper 3! :)
You missed out on the 921 (terrible) and 942 (actually quite good dual tuner MPEG 2 receiver), as well as the 622 (I think this was the first MPEG 4 receiver)

Thanks TheKrell. I skipped this model and Hopper 1.
Yes the suckey 922 that I finally gave up on when DISH announced that there would be no Sling Extender on a second tv giving you Hd on both that tv and your main tv. That and the crappy issues with the sling feature never reliably working. I think I spent close to $700.00 for that turkey. It definitely was never worth all the grief and neither was the 921 that came out before that one. I went with a 722k Dvr after the 922 failure, just to have a reliable Dvr again.

The 811 was pure garbage.

First time I ever got irritated and threw a receiver across the room and destroyed it because it wasn’t functioning properly.

Then only to get an RMA on the very same receiver and made Dish replace it under warranty :) HA HA
I think the worst bug in the 811 was when you left it tuned to an OTA channel overnight, the guide data would not be available the next morning. Would require either a download or a reboot. I switched to DirecTV with Tivo HD when I moved away from Dish. I continued to tune to a satellite channel when I was done using the Tivo by habit.

Reactions: pattykay
Yes the suckey 922 that I finally gave up on when DISH announced that there would be no Sling Extender on a second tv giving you Hd on both that tv and your main tv. That and the crappy issues with the sling feature never reliably working. I think I spent close to $700.00 for that turkey. It definitely was never worth all the grief and neither was the 921 that came out before that one. I went with a 722k Dvr after the 922 failure, just to have a reliable Dvr again.
I started hearing about the issues with the 922 when it came out so I stayed away from it.

I think the worst bug in the 811 was when you left it tuned to an OTA channel overnight, the guide data would not be available the next morning. Would require either a download or a reboot. I switched to DirecTV with Tivo HD when I moved away from Dish. I continued to tune to a satellite channel when I was done using the Tivo by habit.
Even worse was if you left it on an OTA channel long enough it would lose authorization for your sat channels and you would have to call in for a hit.

Happened quite frequently to the one my mother had in her bedroom.

Reactions: pattykay
You're welcome. By all accounts, you did the right thing!

Edited to add: does anybody know why the Sling feature of the 922 was removed?

Probably because it never worked! The entire receiver was a nightmare, I can't tell you how many nights I climbed into bed to watch the news before bed and the thing crashed.

The
Probably because it never worked! The entire receiver was a nightmare, I can't tell you how many nights I climbed into bed to watch the news before bed and the thing crashed.
The sling function worked great & so did the receiver.

If you had more than one 922, wasn't the additional receiver fee $20 for the second 922? So, in some cases, the upgrade might have resulted in lower fees overall.
I don't recall them adding a additional receiver fee anywhere close to that till 2010, when they reclassified receivers by class and each one had a different fee. For example the additional receiver fee for a second 722k was raised from $7.00 to $17.00 a month. Which was why I dropped down to one 722k and added two 211ks for my other two tvs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts