Dish model 6000

If you had more than one 922, wasn't the additional receiver fee $20 for the second 922? So, in some cases, the upgrade might have resulted in lower fees overall.

Yea it was! $20 what a ripoff

I had a 922 and never enjoyed using it.

Went to a 722K with sling adaptor and OTA unit.

That was the last Dish receiver I would ever own. Never had or want a hopper.

I don't recall them adding a additional receiver fee anywhere close to that till 2010, when they reclassified receivers by class and each one had a different fee. For example the additional receiver fee for a second 722k was raised from $7.00 to $17.00 a month. Which was why I dropped down to one 722k and added two 211ks for my other two tvs.

The fees killed things for me.

I remember specifically hooking up phone lines and getting the everything pack to get the most benefit from having (6) 722’s in my house.

Directv is so much better when it comes to receiver fees and the number of boxes allowed on an account.

I have 11 boxes with Directv, ZERO issues and guess what? Nobody consistently bothers me asking me to do location ID checks every few months and accuses me of signal theft or account stacking.

I even had Dish go as far as to shut down a second account I had that I was paying full price for at my girl friends apartment. I only had 1 receiver on the account at the time.

Their reasoning? I wasn’t allowed to have 2 accounts.

So I was like FU, let them keep the account shut down. Fired up a dealer showroom account and she had Dish for free.

Guess Dish didn’t want my $140/mo I was paying back then.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The fees killed things for me.

I remember specifically hooking up phone lines and getting the everything pack to get the most benefit from having (6) 722’s in my house.

Directv is so much better when it comes to receiver fees and the number of boxes allowed on an account.

I have 11 boxes with Directv, ZERO issues and guess what? Nobody consistently bothers me asking me to do location ID checks every few months and accuses me of signal theft or account stacking.

I even had Dish go as far as to shut down a second account I had that I was paying full price for at my girl friends apartment. I only had 1 receiver on the account at the time.

Their reasoning? I wasn’t allowed to have 2 accounts.

So I was like FU, let them keep the account shut down. Fired up a dealer showroom account and she had Dish for free.

Guess Dish didn’t want my $140/mo I was paying back then.
Dish has gotten a lot better about all of these issues since then. The funny thing is that you had two high-level programming package accounts and Dish gave you that much hassle, while I have not had any of these issues with two Dish accounts with bare-minimum programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)