Dish Move In Deal sports package discounts

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I just moved from SC to southern CA, and so far, no reps on phone or chat know what I am taking about. So I received the current moving offer of Free HBO, Cinemax, Sports Pack, and Dish movie pack, as stated here. What no one can tell me is what discounts I am eligible for for sports packages like NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass, etc. It says on the site,"Get great deals on Sports Packages", and shows NBA League Pass, but no one so far have any clue what I am referring to.

Hopefully a forum member here can assist!

Thanks!

Thank you MattG. I am confused as to why it states on the moving site that you offer "great deals" on sports packages for moving customers, when you don't? The advertisement on that web page is misleading.

Maybe the consideration is saying the everyday price is a great deal, in comparison to going to the games and the fees associated with that. That would be a common advertising ploy.

I certainly understand your confusion! Exactly what great deals on sports packages? Why show the NBA package with special deals? I see nothing in the fine print about it.
After looking at it I think ChadT41 got it, it's advertising hype that the sports packages are great deals - not that you are getting any special price on them.

Dish used to advertise "half off two sports packages" as part of the Dish Mover deal, so the website could have been referring to that. (I think one of them had to be Multi-Sport and the other was your choice of NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, or MLS Direct Kick.) So, if Dish no longer has an offer like that, it sounds like the website needs to be updated.

Dish used to advertise "half off two sports packages" as part of the Dish Mover deal, so the website could have been referring to that. (I think one of them had to be Multi-Sport and the other was your choice of NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, or MLS Direct Kick.) So, if Dish no longer has an offer like that, it sounds like the website needs to be updated.

I am hoping that there is a slight chance that this is still true, just not well known with Dish employees anymore.

I am hoping that there is a slight chance that this is still true, just not well known with Dish employees anymore.
The DIRT members here are the more informed workers at Dish, so usually if they say something it is true. They usually will err on the side caution and not answer until they get more info.

But I do know what you are talking about. They do claim "great deals", and I figured that meant sales on something. Wouldn't be the first time a commercial was misleading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts