GEOSATpro Dish Mover Error

mucketbucket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
louisville,ky
I don't know for sure what is going on with my dish mover. It keeps getting err2 at times and loses my satellite positions in my microhd. At one point I could not move from one satellite to another without the error. I disconnected it from the microhd and did a complete reset and it seemed to be ok until I hooked it back up to the mhd and it started again. I disconnected from the mhd and reset it and it was ok for a while but it still gets the err2 from time to time but not nearly as often as when it is hooked into the mhd. I have checked the connections and they all seem to be ok. I have a 10' omni mesh dish a powermax vbox-x and new skyjack 18" actuator (less than 6 months old) firmware is 1206 version on the mhd. Any ideas would be appreciated.

That error code means it is NOT getting pulses back from the magnet switch located at the mover arm. You will want to check the sensor wires coming to the V-box, to make sure they have continuity all the way from the motor to the box.

If they do, make sure they are tightly grabbed in those chintzy pinch connectors on the back of the V-box.

It's possible the magnet switch itself could be going bad. You can check that with an ohmmeter right at the switch, disconnect it from the V-box for this. See that it opens and closes while you move the motor with a 12 volt car battery, or something like that.

err2 error is a communication issue between the actuator and the controller. Error err2 is not related to the microHD.

DiSEqC 1.2 is only a position number. No calculation is performed by a satellite receiver in the DiSEqC 1.2 mode. The motor position number is assigned and stored independently in both the controller and in the microHD.

When DiSEqC 1.2 mode is selected, the receiver issues a "goto" position number "xx" if a satellite is selected in the menus or channel list. The controller has an actuator pulse count that is offset from position 0 (zero) stored with motor position "xx". If the controller loses communication with the actuator's pulse counts, the err2 message is displayed.

When you state, "loses my satellite positions in my microhd" do you mean :

1. The controller does not move when a satellite is selected with the microHD and the err2 is displayed on the controller display?

or

2. The motor position numbers missing in the microHD Motor / Switch Setting menu screen?

Edit: Primestar31 hit send while I was composing. Thanks!

If the wire is a little too small guage you can get problems like that also. How long is your cable run? I ran into that before, and replaced the wiring I had to the actuator's sensor terminals with sprinkler wire. Might've been a bit of overkill but it surely solved my actuator error trouble. Might want to look for a crack/break in your cable too since you've already checked the connections.

When I get the err2 error the position for the satellites will be off when i try to go back to them. For instance if 97w is at pos 105 and I get an err2 it will now be at maybe 115 or 85, depending on which direction i am moving. When i try to go back to it i have to manually move back to that satellite to pick it up because it will not be at pos 105 once this happens. The cable is the ribbon style cable with the 2 coax for the lnb and the 2 heavy gauge 18v for the actuator and the 4 small wires for the sensor. It was acting like the limits were set at the wrong places that is why I disconnected it from the mhd because it did the same thing when i actually had the limits set at the wrong positions. (got the err2) when it hit the limit that was set which is what it was supposed to do i think, just not sure about the err2. When the weather warms back up a little i will investigate the sensor for movement. Thanks, I really do like the mhd and have had no problems what so ever with it. That is saying a lot coming from a beginner bud owner like myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts