Dish Movers Problem/HD question

tcass

Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I just moved from Hattiesburg, Miss., to Jackson, Miss., and attempted to have my DISH service moved with me. I had a Dish 1000 and a Dish 500. The Dish 500 was aimed at the 61.5 sat and the Dish 1000 at the 110, 119 and 129. I also had a DP 44 switch (I believe).
DISH customer service (the ones I could understand and who didn't have a thick unpenetrable Indian accent) told me I was entitled to everything I had at my previous address. They told me this repeatedly. Move. Leave the dishes and the switch. We'll put everythying in place in Jackson.
That was supposed tyo be three weeks ago. Saturday No. 1, Satellites Inc. called early that morning and said they didn't have the equipment and had tyo reschedulew. Saturday No. 2 (last weekend), Satellites Inc. called to say they didn't have the switch or Dish 500. They could install the 1000, but that was it. If I needed the Dish 500 and DP 44, I should have taken ikt from Hattiesburg.
I argued that wasn't what DISH said to do. Finally, after MUCH haggling, Satellites Inc. decided to come out mid-week. Today, they called to tell me they had no switch.

This is getting irritating and ridiculous. I could jus as easily go to Charter Cable.

My question: I have the HD package. Do I really need the 61.5 dish or can I get all HD programming off the 1000? Is this fight I'm having worth the trouble? Can anyone help me? AAAAAGGGGHHHHH.

Only reason to have 61.5 is if 129 doesn't come in well for national HD's. Both of the 2 have the same national HD's. I get a distant (CBS HD NY) off 61.5 because the local is SD only and I got a waiver to do it. But unless there is a special program on 61.5 that you need then don't worry about having 61.5.
programs on 61.5 : http://ekb.dbstalk.com/61-5list.htm
programs on 129 : http://ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm

Wausau WI, locals

Sacramento channel 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)