Dish MPEG-4 411 Outputs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually, weren't they called Echostar 1000s?

In any case, I doubt it would ever be an issue.

BTW, I have a 5000 and a JVC 7100 on ebay right now. The 5000 had been in a closet for a couple years. I forgot how many cool features it had! They really should incorperate the video input into a reciever again.

Output resolution

Any ideas as to whether the 411 will downgrade the component output to 480 for programming with copy protection?

M Sparks said:
The display at CEDIA said it was IR only.

There is talk that the 411 will be the new base reciever. With more and more people switching to HD capable sets over the next few years, it makes sense to mass produce a stripped down MPEG-4 HD machine as cheaply as possible. Even without an HD set, giving everyone an HD reciever makes sense so they can switch off the SD-MPEG-2 LILs faster.No UHF may have been one of the cost cutting measures.

Down the road, they'll start putting out MPEG-4 machines with more features. Right now they need a box that can replace all the old recievers. Somewhere out there, there's a DISH 1000 that's going to be replaced with a 411.

Makes sense until you consider the USB port that they did include, but which stands maybe a one in a thousand chance of ever being used. Also, if this is the replacement for the 811, where are the Video In connections?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)