This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish music and iTunes

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I just downloaded the Dish music app to my iPhone to see how it all works. It seems like a really cool feature (although I don't think I would use it very often). But I'm having trouble accessing all of my music. I click on the red square with the music symbol and it takes me to my iTunes music. I can even see all of my playlist. But for some reason much of the music is greyed out and will not let me click on it. I subscribe to Apple Music so it all comes from the same source. Any idea why some of it will play and others won't?

Play-Fi does not work with Apple Music or DRM. That is its major downside. However, it does work with Pandora, Spotify, Internet Radio, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, your own music, and a few others.

Play-Fi does not work with Apple Music or DRM. That is its major downside. However, it does work with Pandora, Spotify, Internet Radio, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, your own music, and a few others.

It works with some Apple Music. Because I was able to listen to several songs. Although there was more music that I couldn't play than music that I could play.

And I assume that Play-Fi and Dish music are the same? I saw in another thread that someone said they couldn't find an app in the App Store labeled Dish music. But the app I found and I'm using is labeled Dish Music.

i cannot get it to work with spotify for some reason can someone please help it will pair to the hopper 3 for some unknown reason?