Dish N Up Receiver Upgrade Questions

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I have been a long term Dish customer 6 years plus. I have HD equipment and have had one HD set for a few years. I was waiting for HD recording before I upgraded to an HD service. Current I have the EVERYTHING PACKAGE/Locals etc. My current bills has been 120.00 for the past few years.

I called today to see what would be offered. I asked about getting two 722 receivers. Rep tells me no way. Only offer is the standard 722 program and they will give me a 211 as well. I currently own my own 522 receivers.

Is that the best I can get? I would prefer two 722 units or a 72/622 combo. I have never leased any equipment ffrom Dish and have always owned. Also both of my current rec are not hooked to a phone line. Is dish responsible for running to phone jacks-or will I need wireless jacks. I phone have phone jacks right next to these things.

Appreciate any info. I wasnt too happy withh the rep I got. Initially she tells me to take one 722 unit. I have an upstairs unit and down. There is no way I am going from two receivers to one.

If they are going to be hardball with me I might consider a switch over to Direct TV. While I may be out of pocket with them on some stuff I can still benefit from their new programs for new customers.

Robert

I have been a long term Dish customer 6 years plus. I have HD equipment and have had one HD set for a few years. I was waiting for HD recording before I upgraded to an HD service. Current I have the EVERYTHING PACKAGE/Locals etc. My current bills has been 120.00 for the past few years.

I called today to see what would be offered. I asked about getting two 722 receivers. Rep tells me no way. Only offer is the standard 722 program and they will give me a 211 as well. I currently own my own 522 receivers.

Is that the best I can get? I would prefer two 722 units or a 72/622 combo. I have never leased any equipment ffrom Dish and have always owned. Also both of my current rec are not hooked to a phone line. Is dish responsible for running to phone jacks-or will I need wireless jacks. I phone have phone jacks right next to these things.

Appreciate any info. I wasnt too happy withh the rep I got. Initially she tells me to take one 722 unit. I have an upstairs unit and down. There is no way I am going from two receivers to one.

If they are going to be hardball with me I might consider a switch over to Direct TV. While I may be out of pocket with them on some stuff I can still benefit from their new programs for new customers.

Robert

You are never going to get two 722s at once. Perhaps you will qualify for another in one year. There are already several recent threads on this subject.

What should I try and get from them? 722 and 622? will they go for that?

Robert
No. Let me rephrase...only one DVR for one year. If you want two now, you'll have to buy one. Check eBay for 622s.

That is 3 tuners per upgrade, IIRC. Total leased tuners maxes at 4. There may also be a 6 box (dual or single) limit per account, leased or owned.
-Ken

What should I try and get from them? 722 and 622? will they go for that?

Robert

I upgraded to a 622 about three weeks ago--the installation experience was a complete nightmare but after 3 missed appointments and one bad install I eventually had a working 622. They were to send me a replacement 921 for the one I owned that was locking up on occasion, at no cost. The replacement they sent is a total piece of crap & hardly usable. I called to cancel (and I meant it) and I now have a 722 on the way, at least that's what I was told. These will both be leases, of course. $49 for the 622 and $99 for the 722 after rebates. Keep calling until you get someone that speaks & understands English. I suggest calling in the morning and tell them that you want to cancel service. In my case I was dead serious.:mad: After the crap they put me through I was ready for rabbit ears. Fantastic product, best pricing and the most horrendous service I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. Good luck!

BTW, Been a Dish customer for just short of 10 years. For the 1st few years service was great...................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)