Dish / NBC Sports Net Chicago is now history on dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bjf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Dish decided to dump NBC Sports Net Chicago recently.
I went to watch the Bears postgame and the channel is gone.

Thanks DISH!!!!

So dish brings back Fox channels and takes another one away.

So for Bears fans tough luck.

No pre-game or postgame for you.

Probably hockey too.

bjf

Dish decided to dump NBC Sports Net Chicago recently.
I went to watch the Bears postgame and the channel is gone.

Thanks DISH!!!!

So dish brings back Fox channels and takes another one away.

So for Bears fans tough luck.

No pre-game or postgame for you.

Probably hockey too.

bjf
You really have no idea on how any of this works, do you?

What I've learned recently, FOX, FS1, and FS2 went away and came back, and NBC Sports Chicago went away. Basically that's it. No other major complaints with Dish, it appears. Hopper Snaps seem to be working fine. Nobody really having recent hardware issues. And so on.

All joking aside. I've been with Sat Guys for just over nine years now (nine years and six days to be exact). The old me who signed up would have been posting over and over again, ranting about the same thing. "This is pulled, when is it coming back?" So, I can't blame anyone if their TV is the most important thing. It was mine for the first three years that I was a member of this site. Then I became preoccupied with advancing my career, and TV became that thing that I occasionally watch with my wife, to see South Park, occasional games (mostly Football), and (most importantly) movies.

Honestly, I see this going 50/50. It all depends on what Dish is playing in the space where you used to see NBC Sports Chicago. When Boston went, Dish just said it was no longer available. Dish was admitting that they didn't want it. If you have a "the owner removed this station" slate, then Dish is working to bring it back.

What I've learned recently, FOX, FS1, and FS2 went away and came back, and NBC Sports Chicago went away. Basically that's it. No other major complaints with Dish, it appears. Hopper Snaps seem to be working fine. Nobody really having recent hardware issues. And so on.
emoji1787.png

All joking aside. I've been with Sat Guys for just over nine years now (nine years and six days to be exact). The old me who signed up would have been posting over and over again, ranting about the same thing. "This is pulled, when is it coming back?" So, I can't blame anyone if their TV is the most important thing. It was mine for the first three years that I was a member of this site. Then I became preoccupied with advancing my career, and TV became that thing that I occasionally watch with my wife, to see South Park, occasional games (mostly Football), and (most importantly) movies.

Honestly, I see this going 50/50. It all depends on what Dish is playing in the space where you used to see NBC Sports Chicago. When Boston went, Dish just said it was no longer available. Dish was admitting that they didn't want it. If you have a "the owner removed this station" slate, then Dish is working to bring it back.

Totally agree with you, I was thinking about this over the past few weeks, the old Jason 14 years ago when I became a satellite guy would have been upset and angry. Yeah I am missing some games on my Detroit FSN, but I guess with life, family and kids I really cant remeber when I was able to sit down and watch a whole Wings, Pistons or Tigers Game.

Dont get me wrong would love to have the RSN's back and I see why people are mad. I was there once but cant let it bug me as there are other TV choices and other things to keep my ocupied

Totally agree with you, I was thinking about this over the past few weeks, the old Jason 14 years ago when I became a satellite guy would have been upset and angry. Yeah I am missing some games on my Detroit FSN, but I guess with life, family and kids I really cant remeber when I was able to sit down and watch a whole Wings, Pistons or Tigers Game.

Dont get me wrong would love to have the RSN's back and I see why people are mad. I was there once but cant let it bug me as there are other TV choices and other things to keep my ocupied

The two most important things I did for myself and family:

Quit smoking
Quit sitting in front of TV watching sports

Reactions: The Fat Man

Exactly. This is why I have hope. Back when NBC Sports Boston (then CSN New England) was removed, Dish made it very clear that they didn't see value with it and it was a slate that they dropped in. No video saying they tried to extend the contract or bring it back.

I think Dish also knows some of the customers. Living just outside of Chicago, I know that Midway airport uses Dish for their TV service for the bars by the terminals. Midway would be changing to DirecTV if Dish doesn't come to an agreement because they would have the Bulls, Cubs, Hawks, and Sox on whenever they could. NBC Sports Chicago was a constant on one of the TV's. (granted, I know the Cubs are gone, but they will still need it for the other teams)

My guess is that the other NBC Sports RSN's are expiring soon - as in this year. It will be 5 years at the end of Nov/beginning of December that they re-upped the 4 RSNs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)