Dish needs to fix the everything pack, being charged extra for the sports channel.

I guess I misunderstood the original question. I thought the OP was noting that he is paying twice for some channels, they are both in his sports pac and in the AEP, and that because he has AEP he should get a discount on the sports pac, because he is already paying for 5-6 channels in it - double dipping.

You're right, that is the original complaint but it isn't going to do any good to complain about it. It doesn't really matter if you have the Everything Pack or the Top 200 since they all include a handful of the channels that are already in the multi-sports package.

The smallest package you can have and add the multi-sports pack is the Top 120 plus, which is just the Top 120 with your regional sports channels. For me I get the Big Ten Network and Comcast Sports Net Chicago for the extra $5 in order to have the Top 120 plus. Then I pay an extra $11 for the multi-sports pack which already includes those two channels. Now with the Everything pack it includes Fox Sports 2, Pac 12 Network, NHL Network, NFL Network, NBA Network and MLB Network which are all part of the multi-sports pack as well. So since I am already paying for these channels in the packages they are included in why should I have to pay the full amount for the multi-sports pack? \

The reason is because I am still paying for all the other channels that come with the Everything Pack. If all I wanted were those sports channels then I would just downgrade to the Top 120 Plus. This is an argument that will go nowhere other than maybe a short term discount from Dish just to keep the OP happy.

I spoke to dish before, and you folks provide much better customer services. Without satelliteguys I wouldnt have my 1000.2 dish working in Hawaii. When I call dish they tell me will give a discount n change my package without my knowledge. So I am tired going that route with them.

That's an old Cable trick, I hope that isn't what happened, perhaps a misunderstanding? What about the breakdown of the $155?

You're right, that is the original complaint but it isn't going to do any good to complain about it.

Actually it can, if you and enough people complain about the same thing in a respectful and constructive way. Before the Dish Latino Bonus Pack came out, those of us with AT200 (At the time AT60 or AT100) and higher were paying for several of the most popular spanish channels twice if we also got Dish Latino. I am not sure how much my complaint had to do with it, but it was about 6 months after my initial complaints to the programming dept at Dish that the Dish Latino Bonus package came out at a significant discount to the standard Dish Latino pack. I immediately subscribed to it for close to three years until HTV turned to crap and MTV Tr3s became too Americanized (i.e. I could get the same content via standard AT subscription).

The Dish Latino Bonus pack still exists AFAIK. (It's still an option on MyDish.com for me) And it is still a significant savings over the standard Dish Latino. It is only available to those with AT200 and up IIRC.

There is nothing wrong with respectful complaints about things like this along with a resolution other than "make it cheaper!" :D

Actually it can, if you and enough people complain about the same thing in a respectful and constructive way. Before the Dish Latino Bonus Pack came out, those of us with AT200 (At the time AT60 or AT100) and higher were paying for several of the most popular spanish channels twice if we also got Dish Latino. I am not sure how much my complaint had to do with it, but it was about 6 months after my initial complaints to the programming dept at Dish that the Dish Latino Bonus package came out at a significant discount to the standard Dish Latino pack. I immediately subscribed to it for close to three years until HTV turned to crap and MTV Tr3s became too Americanized (i.e. I could get the same content via standard AT subscription).

The Dish Latino Bonus pack still exists AFAIK. (It's still an option on MyDish.com for me) And it is still a significant savings over the standard Dish Latino. It is only available to those with AT200 and up IIRC.

There is nothing wrong with respectful complaints about things like this along with a resolution other than "make it cheaper!" :D

I suppose you're right. I myself am in the same boat as the OP. I have the top 250 and pay for the multi-sports pack. It doesn't bother me since the channels I want are only in the multi-sports pack. I would have to pay the $11 to get the RSNs regardless of what package I have.

That's an old Cable trick, I hope that isn't what happened, perhaps a misunderstanding? What about the breakdown of the $155?

AEP..................................124.99
DVR Fee..............................12.00 (I only have one hopper w/sling nothing else)
Sports pac...........................11.00
Superstations & pbs national...8.00

Grand total.......155.99

AEP..................................124.99
DVR Fee..............................12.00 (I only have one hopper w/sling nothing else)
Sports pac...........................11.00
Superstations & pbs national...8.00

Grand total.......155.99

You can do what I did when I had the AEP, reevaluate your need for the premium movie channels. Last spring I decided to drop them in order to save $45 a month. I figured I could just record a bunch of movies off them first and that would get me by for the summer. I could add them back for the winter if needed but I never missed them. With the occasional free previews I'm able to record movies and watch them later.

I enjoyed having the ability to have all those movies but it was an incredible waste of money. Paying $45 for those movie channels is such a waste. My bill is around $130 and I have two Hoppers with two Joeys, the multi-sports package and the AT 250. I feel I'm getting a much better value than what you are getting for $155. Now, if all you like to watch are movies then it may be more worth it to you.

Rusty813 thank-you, I thought you had Top250, you do mention the everything pack in your first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)