Dish Net services.

Given that Dish resells both Exede and HughesNet services, it could be 111W as well (Wildblue-1). Very confusing to the customer. Two of the satellites offer up to the full advertised Exede and HughesNet download speed (12Gb/s), the older two are limited to no more than 5 Gb/s. Like the man said; it depends upon both satellite coverage and server availability relative to your location.

//greg//

Input from a tech/installer of the "new" dishnet. Like everyone has said, Dish is just rebranding services. Depending on your area it will be either exede/viasat, hughesnet Spaceway, or Hughesnet Jupiter. All 3 run different satellites. Exede & Jupiter have the highest speeds that I've seen. To my knowledge, Dish isn't installing the older WildBlue systems. At least not in the Heartland area (IA/NE/MO/KS).

Isn't Viasat 1 at 115W also an option for dishnet service?

I notice some dishnet ODUs popping up around here lately in the L.A. area which is approx. around -118W long. seems to be pointed just a slight tad east of due south, so I assume it is aimed at the 115W position.

SatMex5 used to be @114.9, but it's defunct. XM Radio @115W, but doesn't look like any HDTV. Click here. Perhaps for Mexican TV on SatMex6 (113W) ?

//greg//

LyngSat doesn't list Viasat 1 at 115W. as well as some other satellite internet birds I notice.

Satbeams has it listed though;

http://www.satbeams.com/satellites?norad=37843

From what I've been able to determine dishnet runs from;

Spaceway 3 @95W - Powered by Hughesnet
Jupiter (or Spaceway 4) @107W - Powered by Hughesnet
Anik F2 and Wildblue-1 @111W - Powered by Viasat
Viasat 1 @115W - Powered by Viasat

I'll welcome any I've missed.

Ok, guess I got distracted. Dish Internet, not Dish HDTV. So yeah, ViaSat1 is in fact at 115.1 and it carries Exede brand satellite internet. As I explained, Dish is a reseller of Exede service

//greg//

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)