Dish Network 21.0 Learning Remote Instructions

I ordered a remote today. At first the CSR told me it would not control my 622, but I told him that was not true. He then put me on hold for a few minutes while he consulted with his supervisor. When he came back he told me I was correct and he would get one out to me via two-day UPS. Total cost was $27 and change with the tax and S&H. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to program my Sony STR-DG820. I will update after I get it on Thursday.

I got the remote today. Works great!!! No batteries were included, but it did have a full-color brochure with all the codes and instructions. It is worth every penny of the cost. :D

Got My Remote

"NEVER MIND GOT IT"

Thanks.

Hello all, got my learning remote, and I'm having a couple problems.

How do get it to use the TV button on the remote, to turn on/off, it says in the manual you can't program the TV button, so what button do i program??

I programed it with red button that is next to the green/yellow/blue button and it works but how do I get it so I can shut the tv off/on with the tv button in satellite mode.

Thanks for any info,

Kevkwas

Last edited:
How do get it to use the TV button on the remote, to turn on/off, it says in the manual you can't program the TV button, so what button do i program??

Kevkwas

You program the big round red power button when programing in TV mode.

Thanks for all the help

:)
"NEVER MIND GOT IT"

Thanks.

Hello all, got my learning remote, and I'm having a couple problems.

I programed it with red button that is next to the green/yellow/blue button and it works but how do I get it so I can shut the tv off/on with the tv button in satellite mode.

Thanks for any info,

Kevkwas

Hi,

I'm intersting to buy a remote 21.0 for my receiver 942 !

But before, I would like to know if with buttons green, blue, yellow and red can learn a function from my original remote when this remote is selected to SAT ?

In others words I would like operate light, store(drapery), alarm and hide (open)geant screen with these four buttons when this remote is selected to SAT device !

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Gee, Can you ask your friend at Dish if he knows what the VIP222K receivers command signal (code) is,so I can use one of my own Universal remotes. This way I'll have a second remote for the #1 receiver IR remote. Thanks for your time in this matter...Ronk109

DVR 508 + 21.0 Remote

Will this remote (21.) control a Dish 508 DVR receiver??

I have one 508 dvr in the living room which is shared by two tv's. The living room tv is hooked up using s-video and audio cables. The bedroom tv is hooked up to the rf out jack (channel 3). I have a Sylvania LCD tv in the bedroom which my 6.3 remote could not be programed to operate. I purchased a 21.0 remote thinking I could program it to my Sylvania tv and do away with using two remotes, which I was able to do. But I can't get the 21.0 to operate the 508 through UHF. I will work in the living room using IR. Is the UHF signal from the 21.0 not compatible with the 508?

Problem with the 21 learning remote

Alright we have a new 21 learning remote an I have pogrammed our TV to it ith no problem. When I use the tv mode to switch the input but then switch back to sat mode when you push te sat mode button, it changes the channel on my tv. Very inconvenient. Any solutions or anyone with the same problem. Help would be greats. Devin

Hold white tv button as if you were programming it. Once all the buttons light up press *000# tv button should blink 3 times. This resets the auto-tune feature on the remote. Should fix your problem

Programming roblem Resolved

Hold white tv button as if you were programming it. Once all the buttons light up press *000# tv button should blink 3 times. This resets the auto-tune feature on the remote. Should fix your problem

Worked perfect. Now I have another question. If you did want it to automatically tune to a certain channel on your tv how do you do that?

Same way just instead of 000 you would put the channel u want, like for 60, *060#, or 3 *003#. Just beware sometimes the tv menu pops up with some brands of tvs

This new remote the 21.1, does not accept input from all remotes when learning... I have a Sony TV thats less than 5 years old, the old 6.3 remote brought up my TV Menu and I used the page up and down to go through the menu and used select to well select an item in the menu, this new remote the page up/down does not work, I can access the menu, I can select the first item but I can not navigate through the TV Menu at all, I tried to program this learning remote and it will NOT LEARN this function of my Sony Remote.... I wish I did not loose the old 6.3 remote because with the Sony TV Code "500" it worked everything on my TV, same code and it does everything on the new 21.1 remote except I can not navigate through the TV Menu, the page up/down buttons on the old dish remote did this function and now the new does not and it will NOT LEARN, I spent 2 hours trying everything in this thread and the PDF file and nothing works, the light blinks 3 times and stays lit so really the old remote worked my VCR, DVD and TV and every function worked just fine on all my equipment, what did they do to this new remote.... I think I will send it back and demand a 6.3 to replace my lost one.... or just hope it shows up and I will send this one back and demand a refund... so much for new stuff being better.... it's useless without the navigation of the TV Menu.. which worked just fine before... Any help from the experts would be appreciated... my sony remote says RM-YD034 so if anyone has a Sony with this remote and can navigate the TV menu on your new DISH Remote let me in on the secret before I tell the wife I lost this new remote out the 2nd story window.. thanks for helping

The only possibility is to use learning for all commands you want for Sony, don't use a code, sounds like you already tried this. When doing this you must do all learning in one session as you will lose previous settings each time you start a learning process.
Dan

I ordered a remote today. At first the CSR told me it would not control my 622, but I told him that was not true. He then put me on hold for a few minutes while he consulted with his supervisor. When he came back he told me I was correct and he would get one out to me via two-day UPS. Total cost was $27 and change with the tax and S&H. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to program my Sony STR-DG820. I will update after I get it on Thursday.
Wow fleabay has it for $13.95 with free S&H. :eek:
Leave it to Dish and once again they don't even kiss you first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts