Dish Network 21.0 Learning Remote Instructions

willie,

You can only have one uhf and one IR remote at a time, so your system should work.

Jim, I actually have 2 uhf remotes and 1 IR remote. The 21.0 is set for uhf to control TV1 and the IR remote also controls TV1 and the 6.3 uhf remote controls TV2. It is working great no problems
Bill

I finally broke down and bought this 21.0 remote, and just finished programming it for my devices. I was skeptical about this, because even Sony said that no remote other than theirs could operate the Sony DAV-X1 DVD Home Theater System.

Well, Sony was wrong. In DVD mode, the code 671 programmed the remote to operate most of the functions of the DVD player. (Except Play, Pause, and Stop, which I had to add by programming manually.) In AUX Mode, the code 784 programmed the remote to operate the sound amplifier system. And then I used the trick on page 6 of the 21.0 remote user guide to switch between TV and amplifier volume control.

So this 21.0 remote had given me perfect operation of a supposedly uncontrollable device. I'm writing this for any other Sony DAV-X1 owners looking for a similar solution.

Programmed my new 21.0 Sunday night. The TV1 now has the original 5.3 IR remote and the UHF enabled 21.0 remote (the wife uses the old one). TV2 has the original UHF remote.

For the first time, one remote fully controls the 722, home theater, TV, and the DVD player. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Question

I just got this remote, and the codes work for my Epson projector and my Onkyo receiver as well as my Sony DVD player which is great. I was hoping I could change some of the button's commands on the remote while in the SAT mode, but it seems this isn't possible. Am I right. or am I doing something wrong?

Programmed my new 21.0 Sunday night. The TV1 now has the original 5.3 IR remote and the UHF enabled 21.0 remote (the wife uses the old one). TV2 has the original UHF remote.

For the first time, one remote fully controls the 722, home theater, TV, and the DVD player. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're saying that you have two UHF and one IR remote programmed?

I thought you could only use one of each with the 722.

Have you tried all the remotes?

You can use as many of either type remote as you want. I use 4 UHF and 1 IR remotes with my primary 722.

Question?

I just got this remote, and the codes work for my Epson projector and my Onkyo receiver as well as my Sony DVD player which is great. I was hoping I could change some of the button's commands on the remote while in the SAT mode, but it seems this isn't possible. Am I right. or am I doing something wrong?

I'm thinking that since I'm using the remote as UHF for TV1 of a 622 receiver that I can't have the buttons for SAT mode learn IR commands. Is this correct?

Well I finally picked up a couple of these remotes. Dish of course shipped 2 6 series first, I had to call them up and they tried to tell me the 21 does not work with the 622 and I needed the 21. After I finally got a supervisor and told them the 6 series does not control my TV and I needed a learning one I got them to ship out 2.

As mentioned above, the pain of this remote is that you have to store all your settings at once for a device. If you decide to change a key you have to reprogram all the keys for that device.

I put my Denon receiver on there no problem. I used the 4 colored buttons to switch between my 4 HDMI sources. Very nice and quick. One quirk is that once I custom programmed the Denon base I could not get the AUX control on volume to work any more. It insists on using the TV. If I load the code in and do not reprogram any of the buttons the AUX volume control works fine.

I have a projector. I programmed TV power on to turn off the projector and made the red button turn off the projector. Since you have to go to TV mode to get the red button to work it keeps it from accidently being pushed. Since I had the volume issues with AUX and custom buttons, I programmed the volume and mute buttons under TV to my Denon.

I was thinking of copying the TiVo remote into the remote next.

TV2 Remote Download Not Successful - Causes 622 to Reboot

I received my new 21.0 IR/UHF Pro remote today and it was able to control my Olevia monitor.

I am using it for TV2 (UHF mode) with my 622 receiver.
The secondary remote address is 15 and it shows up as a UHF Pro Band A.

I did not order an additional 21.0 remote for TV1 so I am using the standard 5.3 IR remote for TV1.

I attempted to do the download from my 622 using the following steps:
1) Hit menu key twice and got system info screen
2) Selected next and screen shows no remote available for TV1 download.
3) Selected next and screen instructions told how to begin remote information transfer.
4) Pressed and Held the SAT button until the mode buttons lit up.
5) Pressed the Info button.

All of the mode buttons started flashing red and the SAT button flashed green.
Bar showing download progress showed about 20% done.
Then 622 reboots.

My 622 software version is L618RBDD-N.

Tried hard reboot of 622 (unplug for 30 sec) but no success.
DISH technical support took my info and will send it to the engineering group.

Could my problem be related to the fact that I am not using a 21 remote for TV1 but only for TV2?

Has anyone got the download to work with a 622 receiver using TV2?

Update: After testing this 8 times, I now get an error message 933 "Error performing the download!" But now my 622 does not reboot.

The Question is, where are these e-bay sellers getting their remotes from since they are not available to the retailers yet.

I received my new 21.0 IR/UHF Pro remote today and it was able to control my Olevia monitor.

I am using it for TV2 (UHF mode) with my 622 receiver.
The secondary remote address is 15 and it shows up as a UHF Pro Band A.

I did not order an additional 21.0 remote for TV1 so I am using the standard 5.3 IR remote for TV1.

I attempted to do the download from my 622 using the following steps:
1) Hit menu key twice and got system info screen
2) Selected next and screen shows no remote available for TV1 download.
3) Selected next and screen instructions told how to begin remote information transfer.
4) Pressed and Held the SAT button until the mode buttons lit up.
5) Pressed the Info button.

All of the mode buttons started flashing red and the SAT button flashed green.
Bar showing download progress showed about 20% done.
Then 622 reboots.

My 622 software version is L618RBDD-N.

Tried hard reboot of 622 (unplug for 30 sec) but no success.
DISH technical support took my info and will send it to the engineering group.

Could my problem be related to the fact that I am not using a 21 remote for TV1 but only for TV2?

Has anyone got the download to work with a 622 receiver using TV2?

Update: After testing this 8 times, I now get an error message 933 "Error performing the download!" But now my 622 does not reboot.

The 21.0 remote does not do the download with the 722 and 622 receivers yet. We will have to wait till the next software upgrade maybew for this option to work. If you research this you will see it has been covered long ago. It will do everything else though

Anyone using this with a Viewsonic N3760W? I've given up on trying to find a working remote code for it with my 5.3 remote, so it's either a 21.0 or a Harmony for me... Just depends on how the 21.0 handles input selection, because this tv doesn't have a button to just cycle through all of the inputs. There are separate buttons to cycle through each CATEGORY of inputs (cable, composite/s-video, component, vga/HDMI), and then there's a button that brings up a menu you can scroll through to your input. My HR-21 remote used the second method which worked fairly well, but before I invest 30 bucks I'd like to know the 21.0 will do the same...

It will. You'll probably need to program that particular feature separately but it WILL work. I had to do something similar with my Olevia TV.

BTW, I saw 3 separate listings on ebay for BOTH the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes for $34 to $39 SHIPPED. Sorry this old fart doesn't know how to post the links:confused: but just go to ebay and search for Dish Network 21.0 remote under electronics.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)