Dish Network 21.0 Learning Remote Instructions

My hunch is that the 21.0 will not do "UHF Band A" - only "UHF Band B". I'm not sure how that affects your situation.

I would suggest setting up the 722 using the old remotes to have TV1 be UHF Band B on one channel, and TV2 be UHF Band B on a different channel, and then setup the remotes to match those channels (which can be done without a Dish receiver).

Not so Stuart. My TV1 is IR/UHF Pro Band A. It switched to this when the 21.0 remote was "synched". TV2 is UHF Pro Band A. I can control either with the 21.0 as long as I have the addresses correct.

Ed

Not so Stuart. My TV1 is IR/UHF Pro Band A. It switched to this when the 21.0 remote was "synched". TV2 is UHF Pro Band A. I can control either with the 21.0 as long as I have the addresses correct.
Well it definitely does Band B on my end, so it seems that it uses both A and B at the same time.

You'll have to purchase one. Call Dish (1-800-333-3474) and tell 'em you want to order one of the new 21.0 learning remotes. $19.99 + shipping. Disregard them telling you it won't work with your 622. It WILL. Then come back here and print the instructions. They aren't sent with the remote.:rolleyes:

Ed

Evidently another member was able to get one sent for FREE by getting Tech Support & telling 'em his current remote won't control his TV. MAYBE if you're a new subsciber it MIGHT work. Welcome aboard!

I have a 722 and have it connected to an onkyo sound system. I've done everything I can via the manual to get the remote to control my onkyo system. THe best I've been able to get is that it controls the audio but doesn't turn it on or off :(. I've had my 722 since it came in out in Feb I believe and have been dealing with two remotes way before that. I called up dish and spoke with tech support and they told me they didn't have in system yet and to check back in feb?!?! I told them about this site and they didn't know what I was talking about. Agent roulette once again. Any advice guys?

I have a 722 and have it connected to an onkyo sound system. I've done everything I can via the manual to get the remote to control my onkyo system. THe best I've been able to get is that it controls the audio but doesn't turn it on or off :(. I've had my 722 since it came in out in Feb I believe and have been dealing with two remotes way before that. I called up dish and spoke with tech support and they told me they didn't have in system yet and to check back in feb?!?! I told them about this site and they didn't know what I was talking about. Agent roulette once again. Any advice guys?

Just what you said, you'll have to play CSR roulette. I ordered mine from them about a week before Xmas and I even had an overseas CSR. Go figure.:rolleyes: Call 'em again. It will work with your Onkyo or any other IR controlled device. Good luck!

Ed

Learning commands problem

Just got my 21.0 today and tried to setup my Sony audio receiver with codes to no avail. Also no dice for my Toshiba HD player. I used the aux button and learned commands for the Sony receiver. That went fine. Then I tried to learn commands for the dvd. What a mess. For some reason when i tried to program commands for the Menu button it would erase all the other commands. I finally opted to use the dvr button on the 21.0 as my menu button. This worked. Hooray. But now the remote lost all the commands for the sony receiver.
Any help to prevent me from losing all these learned commands again would be appreciated.
Rod

For everybody that has ordered this from dish - Are you recieving 1 or 2 remotes? I found people on Ebay selling the remotes as TV1 and TV2 set (TV1 = IR, TV2=IR+UHF)...but everybody on here seems to be referring to their shipment from dish as a single remote. Heres the ebay listing im referring to -

Dish Network 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote #1/2 (new type/part - eBay (item 290287407250 end time Jan-10-09 19:11:00 PST)

$36 for 2 21.0 remotes shipped seems like a good deal if dish charges per remote...

Thanks guys

Finally got one... 4 calls later I got one. Called the equipment department and that lady knew and got me to advance tech support and that lady knew about it.... She told me not available until Feb but didn't give up which was the key.. 3 min later came back and said she could order it and did :) Woot!!! Thanks guys as I would have given up.

Any help to prevent me from losing all these learned commands again would be appreciated.

Every time you enter learning mode for a particular function, it clears all the learned commands for that function( TV, DVD or AUX). To change just one button, you have to relearn all the rest of them too.

For everybody that has ordered this from dish - Are you recieving 1 or 2 remotes? I found people on Ebay selling the remotes as TV1 and TV2 set (TV1 = IR, TV2=IR+UHF)...but everybody on here seems to be referring to their shipment from dish as a single remote. Heres the ebay listing im referring to -

Dish Network 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote #1/2 (new type/part - eBay (item 290287407250 end time Jan-10-09 19:11:00 PST)

$36 for 2 21.0 remotes shipped seems like a good deal if dish charges per remote...

Thanks guys

I'd like to know if we were suppose to get two as well. UPS delivered it but delivered it to the wrong house. After making several calls I went door to door and found a neighbor who is in the process of getting a divorce who while talking to me noticed a remote laying in the foyer with no box. She gave it to me and I'm wondering if there might be a second one laying around her house that i should ask her to try and find as we think her soon to be ex seen a box opened it threw away the box as they have dish as well and may have put the second one somewhere else.

**Update**

Called and verified only one remote... Not sure if this was mentioned earlier or if common knowledge but you can pull out the remote 1/2 indicator at bottom and switch on these remotes.

Last edited:
Onkyo HT-S790 and Dish Remote

sorry to double post but wanted to let those with an onkyo system know that the new dish remote does operate my receiver finally! This was the reason why I ordered it and it paid off. I've been using two remotes for almost three years now. Not anymore :)

21.0 and myu 722

When I try and hold the 0 button down on my 21.0 to my 722 to exchange information between the two of them, I do not get the on screen prompt.
Calling dish and talking to a tech she informed me I had to have a 722k or a 922k for that to work. Is that true.
Also i was able to program the 21.0 to operate my sony blu ray player on the dvd button, but trying to program the 21.0 to operate my toshiba hd player on the aux button did not work. I even used the 2 button first. what gives.

Has anyone tried learning two remotes onto one AUX function? For example: I have an audio receiver I'd like to control with the AUX function, which would only use some of the buttons. Could I program the remaining buttons to control another device like an HDMI switcher? I don't mind doing both manually, just wondering if it's possible.

Dish Network 21.0

I guess I have not posted before, just read. I tried to post a link and told I needed three posts first.

I have not read through this whole thread as I just received two 21.0 remotes today but the instructions PDF link had the code I needed for my TV.

Hooray, it now controls my Olevia TV.

TV Codes

I have found that the TV codes don't control some of the necessary codes for my SONY Bravia. Especially the up and down arrow keys. I would guess this is a problem for other brands of TVs as well.

Post Moderated?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys:) your first post was moderated for some reason, sorry for the inconvenience...

For some reason my second post was moderated at about 5:40PM yesterday. I also thought it went bye bye. Just read your comment above. What causes a simple post to get moderated. :confused: I know the Mods have another life but how long would it normally take for a Mod to clear a post?

Or am I in the penalty box? :D

I have some info I want to post but was waiting to see what happened. So, I will see if this one gets moderated.

Web

A Fluke Maybe?

Well, my second post went through so maybe there was a glitch somewhere. I did get a message that the missing second post was moderated. I forget the exact wording, but moderated seems to fit.

Web :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)