Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
L448 Release Notes

- View banner has been removed from PIP window
- Support for Gen 5 Archos PMP devices
- Improvements in DishONLINE feature
- Fixes for some reboot issues
- Increased the number of maximum channels
- Fix for Closed Captioning scrolling problem and missing closed captioning on channel 200
- Fix for some black screen issues
- Fix for audio problem on MPEG 2 problem

Increase in max channel numbers likely applies to those extra digital sub channels that are used for EPG info. You know the Weather Plus and PBS sub channel EPG info. There are hundreds if not thousands of those in the system now.

How wonderfully vague. Unless it's new content/free content/HD content, then it can't be much of an improvement.

I was also hoping they'd do away with the "You're remote is not in SAT mode" floating window thing. Maybe next time.

The floating SAT window thing is actually a wonderful thing >> Most likely because i work for dish and customer always have this thing to change they're inputs or channels from their TV and get the Black/Blue/Snowy screen problem

How wonderfully vague. Unless it's new content/free content/HD content, then it can't be much of an improvement.
What you wish for certainly doesn't require a software change. :rolleyes:
I was also hoping they'd do away with the "You're remote is not in SAT mode" floating window thing. Maybe next time.
They did say they would be adding the option for this during the last tech chat. I swear he said in the "next" release too. Sure it's not buried in there and they forgot to list it ?

Hehe... there are some who will get their hopes up reading this one.
Dish has "channels" in the teen-thousand range (I just made that up), i.e. channel 14,342. No idea what they're for but you'd think any new receivers would support this from the beginning. I could see doing s/w updates for older receivers, but not their latest.

I also wish they'd dropped the "remote not in Sat mode" thingee. I also hope they don't screw somethin' else up like they did with 446. My 622/722's both lost OTA audio with that one. Been fine with 447.

Ed

They did drop a most useful feature, the up or down arrow while the box is off does nothing now.

It used to be a shortcut to the System Info screen. Now you actually have to turn the box on then hit menu twice.

Improvements in DishONLINE feature = turning it off???

This update removed the Online Timer beta code that beta testers had. So in some sense it is an imporvement. :)

There is one thing that they need to add / take away. The gigantic "lost signal" screen that comes up when your OTA signal glitches needs to have an OFF feature. I KNOW! Stop blocking the picture for 5 seconds before and after the LOS spot making miss MORE of the program.

See ya
Tony

well i dont notice anything special with dishonline.. I do see a new bug with the recordings showing all red dots again and everything is says its tuner 1 while recording.. minor issue

The floating SAT window thing is actually a wonderful thing >> Most likely because i work for dish and customer always have this thing to change they're inputs or channels from their TV and get the Black/Blue/Snowy screen problem

I work for Dish too, and while it's a great feature for old people and those who are not good with electronics, it's irritating for those of us who know what the hell we're doing. If they could make it where we could shut it off for us, I'd be happy. And I'd leave it on for the customers I install for. Oh, and :welcome to Satellite Guys!

I also wish they'd dropped the "remote not in Sat mode" thingee. I also hope they don't screw somethin' else up like they did with 446. My 622/722's both lost OTA audio with that one. Been fine with 447.

Ed

I agree 100%.

There is one thing that they need to add / take away. The gigantic "lost signal" screen that comes up when your OTA signal glitches needs to have an OFF feature. I KNOW! Stop blocking the picture for 5 seconds before and after the LOS spot making miss MORE of the program.

See ya
Tony

Oh, how I second this motion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts