DISH NETWORK ADDS LOCAL CW CHANNEL KWGN HD IN DENVER

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK ADDS LOCAL CW CHANNEL KWGN HD IN DENVER

What: DISH Network® (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider and the digital television leader, today added the CW in high definition to the Denver locals HD programming package at no extra cost to subscribers. All DISH Network customers in Denver who subscribe to the HD local programming package will now receive KWGN HD in high definition.

When: Effective Thursday, Oct. 30, 2008

Where: Local DISH Network Ch. 2

How: DISH Network customers must subscribe to an HD programming package or pay the HD enabling fee and have an HD receiver

I wonder if this will happen in more markets. The CW is the only network I can not get with OTA.

Mmm...A Superstation in HD....

So let's bring up the question again: Any chance that this might be part of a process to make the superstations available in HD or is that too much to ask?:confused:

Dish can't use the argument that it will take up more bandwidth...KWGN and KTLA are conus on the 129. It couldn't be very difficult for them to pass thru the HD feed of these channels to those of us that subscribe to the Superstation Package. BooooooooooooooooooooooDISH!

Dish can't use the argument that it will take up more bandwidth...KWGN and KTLA are conus on the 129. It couldn't be very difficult for them to pass thru the HD feed of these channels to those of us that subscribe to the Superstation Package. BooooooooooooooooooooooDISH!

Legalities aside, it would annoy those people who have 61.5 instead of 129.

DirecTV added KUTP My45 when News Corp owned it, News Corp also owns KUTP

DirecTV added KTVK when they had HD DBacks. They added KASW because of the CW and, when basketball season started last year and the Suns were available in HD, they added MY45. Notice, sports most likely drove their decision, along with the capacity they had available. For Dish, there is limited availability and and obvious disdain for sports fans . If you really want to watch the Suns in HD this year, either do it OTA or switch to "you know who".

Of course, Dish is the leader in coverage of Cricket and Rugby, so if that's your thing, you better not switch :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)